Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transformers: movie update...

753 replies to this topic

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,428 posts

Tank:
Honestly, I never liked the gun thing-- even as a kid. None to the scale changing transformers worked in my head-- astrotrain, soundwave, etc

Both Soundwave and Blaster were hard to believe. I was cool with Astrotrain until I saw an episode when about 8-10 Decepticons were using him as transportation. Let's not even talk about Omega Supreme.

I wonder what car companies are going to jump on this one?

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
I'm just worried what Michael Bay will come up with though. My guess is there is going to be a at least one female Transformer with a sexy voice and big...bumpers...

iowahawks

iowahawks

• Members
  • 3,248 posts
IGN supposedly broke big casting news, revealing those likely to be cast, reporting Jon Voight, Michael Clarke Duncan, Bernie Mac, Tyrese, John Turturro, Josh Duhamel, Rachael Taylor, Megan Fox are in talks right now, not to mention Shia LeBouf, who was cast in the lead role...here is the link:

http://filmforce.ign...2/702518p1.html

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,403 posts
I couldn't care less who the actors are, all I want are the original voice actors for the Transformers themselves.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Jon Voight and Michael Clark Duncan are the only ones I can imagine working as voice actors for some of the Transformers. The others ... well, this still remains one of my top Must See films of next year.

gescom7

gescom7

• Members
  • 2,246 posts
i believe that the main two guys who pretty much voiced all the originals are still alive and doing voice work... it'll be a horrible thing if they aren't hired. i can live with changing the voices as long as they keep the original voices of prime, megatron and starscream. hmm and bumblebee... and prowl... and ratchet... and ...the hell with it - they better use the original voices unless of course someone died. ;)

iowahawks

iowahawks

• Members
  • 3,248 posts
All the people listed are in line for live action roles, not voice acting, the link explains the characters they are in line to play, and sorry Krawlie, I thought it was relevant...

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts

i believe that the main two guys who pretty much voiced all the originals are still alive and doing voice work... it'll be a horrible thing if they aren't hired. i can live with changing the voices as long as they keep the original voices of prime, megatron and starscream. hmm and bumblebee... and prowl... and ratchet... and ...the hell with it - they better use the original voices unless of course someone died. ;)

The guy who did Starscream died.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,403 posts

All the people listed are in line for live action roles, not voice acting, the link explains the characters they are in line to play, and sorry Krawlie, I thought it was relevant...

oh it was relevant, I didn't mean to come off as a dick

iowahawks

iowahawks

• Members
  • 3,248 posts
No problem man.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,119 posts
Is Bay still directing? Oh God...

iowahawks

iowahawks

• Members
  • 3,248 posts
Michael Bay + Jon Voight could be disasterous...

iowahawks

iowahawks

• Members
  • 3,248 posts
Apparently Michael Clarke Duncan and Tyresse didn't make the cut, but Variety confirmed the rest of the people form the IGN article today....

gescom7

gescom7

• Members
  • 2,246 posts

The guy who did Starscream died.

His voice made Starscream (and Cobra Commander) ... :( Unless they find a voice-a-like I won't be happy.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
Whoever voiced Starscream in the first series with the Minicons did a good job, I don't know if he still voices the character or not though.

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
AICN had an interview with Bay about the Transformer film recently. He even showed the reporter some conceptual art pics of Prime and the other Transformers. He said they were similar to the orginals but they were not quite so angular in appearence. Evidently Bay thought the transformation process in CGI didn't look so good unless they gave the transformers a more organic curved look. They mentioned the transformers eyes will have a lot of detail, not just be red or blue lights, to help convey emotion when Optimus makes sweet love to one of the girl transformers...okay the eye things true but not the transformers love making thing.

Bay also said that he's going to audition all of the still living orignial voice actors for the main Transformer characters but he's concerned that since they have aged since the cartoon series that it might come out in their voices and effect the film. So it might be a mixed bag. Some of the original voice actors playing some parts and some new actors doing others.

QueenWoodRat

QueenWoodRat

I maybe A Queen now but I'll always be A Rat.

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
In my opinion ( eventhough I am not a big transformers fan but the toys are awesome ) they should not remake it, the animated film was decent enough.

Guest_Skragg_*

Guest_Skragg_*
  • Guests
Basically, I have just one question...

Why is it that everytime there is a movie made of pre-existing and established characters do the movie makers have to go and change those characters?!?!

Leave them the heck alone! Megatron IS a gun. Soundwave is NOT a helicopter or whatever it is that they turn him into in this film.

I'm looking forward to the film, but have the same fear about it as I did for all three of the new Star Wars films... and with good reason I think.

Jakain

Jakain

Rev-matching into gear

• Members
  • 2,129 posts
AICN has pics and story updates regarding the Transformers movie: http://www.aintitcoo...ay.cgi?id=23472

[hide] It looks like Bumblebee isn't going to be a VW Beetle...wtf? Sure, the new Camaro looks awesome as awesome can be but why not just make a new transformer instead of using an old one. I suppose its just the fanboy in me thats complaining but I hope that whatever changes they make translates well onto the big screen and that they don't screw up with too much of the Transformers' legacy.[/hide]

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
I think this film is going to be one huge marketing tie in for new cars being released around the same time the film hits the screen. That new camaro is due to hit dealer lots about the same time as the film. There will probably be several new cars featured as Transformers in the film and several tie in car ad/movie plugging commericals. With all the effects they are going to use the advertising tie ins will help pay for the likely huge budget.

Jakain

Jakain

Rev-matching into gear

• Members
  • 2,129 posts
Very, very true. Its also interesting to note that they seem to be playing on the age old rivalry of Ford vs. Chevy in this new film; thats bound to get the attention of auto-enthusiasts and send them packing into the theaters. Suffice to say, however, my expectations for this movie are going to be very low so hopefully the film's quality will turn out to be a good surprise.

Spawnxlite

Spawnxlite

The One and Only

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
I dont know about you guys, but this movie is going to blow me away. I cant wait to see a picture of Optimus Prime.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Their War. Our World. Bad Ass.

The web site is up and there's a countdown to what may supposedly be a teaser trailer with Superman Returns (speculation) or Pirates of the Caribbean (likelier).

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts
That website is a great teaser unto itself! :thumbsup:

Stevil

Stevil

TK421

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Another good Choice would be Leonard Nimoy, who I'm sure you know voiced Galvatron in the animated film.

I thought he voiced Unicron. I will stand corrected if I'm wrong of course.

Reply to this topic