Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transformers: movie update...

753 replies to this topic

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The world is at end! Of all directors, why god, why???

quote:

More than meets the eye: Michael Bay is in talks to direct a live-action version of The Transformers (yep, the '80s toy). Something tells me the cast might include Vin Diesel or The Rock, which is a shame, because I think Bea Arthur would make an awesome Optimus Prime. Posted 1:51 p.m.

http://thehollywoodr...t_id=1000866689

So much for getting excited for this project. unimpres

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,924 posts
He's done some work that wasn't bad.

Master Ed Avlis

Master Ed Avlis

Shaking things up

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Perhaps he has learnt from his mistakes. At least it isn't Paul W.S. Anderson (the W.S. stands for wanksplat).

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts
I enjoyed Bad Boys and about half of the Rock, mostly because Connery and Cage were fantastic together.

I guess I can only be surprised?!?!

ShadowGhost

ShadowGhost

RAWR!

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
I do not mind some of his stuff. I thought The Rock was a good movie, and Bad Boys was decent too.

I'm still excited to an extent about this film. I think if they can do it right, it can be a great film. I really hope this can be one of his better films!

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
As long as the script is good it should be ok no matter who directs this. I've heard it will remain faithfull to the original show/comics. So for a kids film it can't really go wrong.

Decepticon

Decepticon

• Members
  • 2,660 posts
The Rock or Vin Diesel? Jesus, can you get more sterotypical?

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
If Bay does this film it will look great visually but the sappy dialogue will make the audience want to hurl and the story will have plot holes the size of Cybertron.

Morgan Freebase

Morgan Freebase

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
Ya ya ya Bay sucks, but it's his type of movie, ya?

I mean, what if M. Night Shamalayan directed it? We'd probably only see the transformers' hands for like 2 seconds.

The Jedi with no name

The Jedi with no name

• Members
  • 1,667 posts
This is a perfect choice in my opinion. If you want catchy dialog, you go with someone like Kevin Smith or Quentin Tarantino. Drama and some action will get you Ridley Scott or Spielberg.

But if you want overblown, over-the-top slam-bang explosions, transforming robots, and plain ol' good vs evil fun, which is exactly what this movie needs to be, Michael Bay is your answer. Nobody goes to a Michael Bay movie expecting anything less. He probably even knows this!

And if they get the FX crew that did this:

http://www.theembass...om/citroen.html

...it will rock, and I'll be in line to see it.

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts

Morgan Freebase:
Ya ya ya Bay sucks, but it's his type of movie, ya?

I mean, what if M. Night Shamalayan directed it? We'd probably only see the transformers' hands for like 2 seconds.

LMAO!

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Michael "Everything I learned I ripped off from Tony Scott" Bay? Pass.

DML

DML

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

The Jedi with no name:
http://www.theembass...om/citroen.html

Hilarious!

DarthCarnivore

DarthCarnivore

• Banned Users
  • 44 posts
Have you guys actually watched an episode of transformers(original,beast wars,etc)?

The dialogue isn't exactly shakespearian.

True,the movie will look great but it's going to suck that we probably won't see a transformer until 30 mins into the movie.first,we'll have to suffer through the set up mass government conspiracy ,a young up and coming scientist,his sassy female friend,and Wacky black guy out to find the truth about Sean Connery's character and what he's really up to.The transformers will take a back seat to the useless human characters.

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts
^ Heh!

R5-VAN DAMM

R5-VAN DAMM

DITHPICABLE!!!

• Members
  • 6,097 posts

DarthCarnivore:
True,the movie will look great but it's going to suck that we probably won't see a transformer until 30 mins into the movie.first,we'll have to suffer through the set up mass government conspiracy ,a young up and coming scientist,his sassy female friend,and Wacky black guy out to find the truth about Sean Connery's character and what he's really up to.The transformers will take a back seat to the useless human characters.

Sadly, you're probably right.

Master Ed Avlis

Master Ed Avlis

Shaking things up

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Hey, I remember some fantastic freakin' lines from the original movie.

"Till all...are one."

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Not to mention the shots - like Megatron shooting Ironhide (while standing above him) in the face just as 'Instruments of Destruction' its high note and the shuttle exhaust sounds!

And when Starscream throws him out of Astrotrain:

'W-wait, I, I still function.

-Wanna bet?'

Master Ed Avlis

Master Ed Avlis

Shaking things up

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Yeah, Prim! And: "Proceed....on your way to oblivion!" Haha! I have used that everyday for eighteen years.

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
I like the

Megatron? Is that you?

-Here's a hint **bLasT**

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

quote:

Whats all this ? I don't remeber this from the cartoons or comics. All I remeber is Cybetron, then Earth, then them waking up thousands of years later and then them meeting the human characters. I don't remember a government conspiracy or this black guy...Sean Connery isn't in this ...is he ?

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts
TP2, Yer kidding, right?

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
If they're going to alter the backstory of Cybertron (unless they're already setting up for a more in-depth second part), they might as well do GI Joe if the gov't is going to be involved - they can even play off the terrorism aspect of late.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Why not G.I. Joe vs. Transformers then?

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Oh, God not again. They freakin' destroyed Bumblebee - this VERSUS moviefest in recent years would be the 'excuse' for it though.

Reply to this topic