Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Comics Release Dates: Updated 08/31/14

135 replies to this topic

The Maker

The Maker

Je voudrais un croissant.

• Members
  • 11,355 posts
Star Wars: Purge came out this week. For those of you craving more Vader-vs.-Jedi action (like me!), you get it aplenty in this one-shot.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
With Republic ending, we are getting a new series in April - Rebellion.

The Maker

The Maker

• Members
  • 11,355 posts
Picked up Republic #81 yesterday. The final story arc of this series. As a Quinlan Vos fan, I'm happy for another chapter in his saga, but I do confess to being a little worried about what his ultimate fate will be.

This issue also featured the long-overdue return of Vilmarh Grahrk, an important character in Quinlan's story who hasn't been seen in the series since before the Clone Wars broke out.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
I really enjoyed Republic #81. It was a nice feature for Luminara. Stand-out scenes for me include their discussion about Clone Troopers -maybe foreshadowing for Quin? I liked the line about the irony that they are serving together on Kashyyyk while Barriss and Aayla are on Felucia.

Villie originally annoyed me, but I can't help but giggle at his breezy style whenever I read his lines.

As a note: apparantly some comics stores got Republic #82 instead of #81. Hopefully, we'll enjoy this last arc before Republic ends and Rebellion begins in April.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Republic #82: The Hidden Enemy #2 and Knights of the Old Republic came out today. No sign of Empire #39: The Wrong Side of the War #4.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• Moderators
  • 27,179 posts
I have to say that Republic #79 and Republic #80 were just awesome. I totalyl looked forward to seeing them and I was not disappointed.

The Maker

The Maker

• Members
  • 11,355 posts
Got my hands on Republic #82 today, and all I gotta say is... QUIN IS GONNA KICK SOME ASS!

#83 seems so far away now.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
http://www.amazon.co...=283155&s=books

X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, vol 1 Omnibus

The Maker

The Maker

• Members
  • 11,355 posts
Today saw the release of Republic #83, the final issue of the series (and the final arc of the Quinlan Vos story). As a reader from the beginning of the series, and a longtime Vos fan, I was not disappointed with this issue.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
I was pleasantly surprised and delighted at the end. A nice coda for Republic.

Empire #39 was interesting, too. Top notch discussion between Luke and Tank about Imperial Service.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Empire #40 and Rebellion #0 came out today.

Lord Grievous

Lord Grievous

• Members
  • 44 posts
The comics seem to be moving slowly at my local comic sellers.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Time starts NOW.

• Members
  • 29,296 posts

The Maker:
I don't think I'll be colelcting KOTOR, but I know there are lots of fans who want more from that particular era.

I don't know if you've reconsidered since posting that, but I've read the first two issues so far and found 'em pretty entertaining -- action-filled, funny dialogue, and just enough mystery to keep us guessing as to what's really going on. I have no prior knowledge of KOTOR in any form or medium, so consider this a testament to its accessibility to newcomers. I only gave it a try because the writer, John Jackson Miller, is among the smartest and funniest of the editors working on Comics Buyer's Guide magazine (of which I'm a longtime subscriber).

KOTOR = pleasant surprise. Highly recommended.

eddie1969

eddie1969

• Members
  • 31 posts
I totally agree! KotOR is a great and excited series and I anxiously await the next issue!!!

eddie1969

eddie1969

• Members
  • 31 posts
While browsing the Internet to do my weekly update for my website's Upcoming Books and Comics section (plugplug ), I came across the following link for Clone Wars Adventures Vol. 6!!!!

http://www.amazon.co...uct/1593075677/

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
KOTOR #3 is interesting, but the best release this week is Tag and Bink's long-awaited return. I think, however, that their origin story probably should have come first.

Lord Grievous

Lord Grievous

• Members
  • 44 posts
My local retailers have only just gotten around to putting #2 out on the shelves.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Boba Fett: Overkill is a nice little one-shot that came out today.

The premier issue of Rebellion continued the story arc started in Empire where Lt. Janek "Tank" Sunber contemplates his unique relationship with Luke Skywalker and whether he is really on the right side.

Both really good and recommended.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Of the two releases today, my favorite is Return of Tag and Bink: Revenge of the Clone Menace. What a great read! Those two have been entertaining us since Star Wars Tales.

KOTOR #4 continues the same storyline, but I have to wonder what the masters on Dantooine are up to and whether Zayne should just keep away from all Jedi.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Free Comic Book Day is today. Be sure to pick up your free SW Comic Book and support your local comic retailer by purchasing something, too.

I bought Empire TPB, vol. 1 and Crimson Empire.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Knights of the Old Republic #5 was released today. Don't forget that next week the new SW Comic series Legacy debuts.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Legacy debuts today.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• Supporters
  • 34,807 posts
I'm really tempted to try Legacy out to see how it goes, but I also think I'll get burned big time by it...if I can even find a comic store around here.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,905 posts
Rebellion #3: "My Brother, My Enemy" #3 and Legacy #1 are out.

Rebellion covers the mental conditioning of Jorin Sol while under interrogation and the possible trap spread set for Luke by his friend Janek "Tank" Sunber.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• Supporter/Mods
  • 16,638 posts
:) JC, forgive my laziness at not trying to figure this out myself, but...

i always wait for the TPB's and i love the "clone wars" series. i have volume #'s 1-8. #8 seemed like an ending to me, but i thought i heard somewhere that there would be more. is that series still going? can i expect a #9 one of these days? :confused:

Reply to this topic