Inauguration Day!

Ms. Spam

I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt. I was actually happy to see him elected the first time (though I passed on voting that year). Then he did his thing...

I am no Trump fan. That doesn't matter anymore. He is my President. He gets the benefit of the doubt, until he fails. Quit the ****ing crying.

I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt. I was actually happy to see him elected the first time (though I passed on voting that year). Then he did his thing...

I am no Trump fan. That doesn't matter anymore. He is my President. He gets the benefit of the doubt, until he fails. Quit the ****ing crying.

Nobody's crying. He did nothing before he was elected that arouses a single iota of "benefit of the doubt". When someone tells you who they are, believe them the first time.

You are SO gonna get him re-elected. You know that, don't you?

Possibly, but while he sullies the office of President, I'm giving him the same respect that the right gave Obama.

Obama won re-election. And Obama never had it half as bad as Trump.

Trump's opposition isn't going to get him elected.

It's never the opposition party that wins, it's the incumbent that loses.

The opposition party can blow it. 2004 for example. For that matter, Republicans game close to flushing an easy election down the drain this year.

Trump's opposition isn't going to get him elected.

It's never the opposition party that wins, it's the incumbent that loses.

True in most cases, but if the opposition continues to tell people they are stupid for voting for Trump they will get him reelcted.

I've already noticed the media backing off because of this. It's still not going to stop butthurt liberals from going on social media, though.

I think Trump is going to have to fail big time not to get reelected. The mad left is going to give him a lot of leeway.

He made a few billion dollars. What did Obama do before he was elected?

How does that indicate he'll be a good President? Obama had a couple law degrees, did community work and was a state Senator.

He's been sort of in the business , or at the very least, grooming for it his entire career. We saw his work before he was elected.

I'm not even certain Trump is a good businessman. He has money-nobody really knows how much. Bernie Madoff had money, too.

We saw Trump's work before he was elected.

Just comparing.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Well, the inauguration was as much a circus as the whole damn campaign was. Trump's speech can be basically summed up as " Obama, thanks for your service, you're marvelous." Then the rest of the speech rips the Obama, and a lesser extent, previous presidencies to shreds. Then rehashes a string of campaign speeches. Then, 'Mericah! It's gonna be a long 4 years. Seeing Hillary scowl and borderline fail to shake hands, and look like she was going to a funeral was almost worth it. Almost.

But setting limousines on fire and chaining yourselves together and other ridiculous, infantile displays of protest does no one any favors. The far left has done nothing but embarrass themselves, and the nation in general. The thing I fear is the reincarnation of Occupy Wall Street and other freak child protest movements. Especially since the first round was when someone they actually liked was president. Imagine what they will do, now that someone they actually hate is president. The 1960s Noam Chomsky protester tactics of the crazy left is totally played out. The rest of us tune you freaks out. Shut the eff up and deal. Grow up, bide your time, and field a candidate worthy of voting for. That's what you do if you want to make a real, lasting change.

Some kids asked me if they could go out and play instead as we watched part of it at school.

While there were not many people there I was kind of surprised at the lack of people on the parade route. Surely some of his supporters would turn out.

His speech was amazingly - bad. One student told me that's he's talking bad about the people who were right there behind him and was kind of surprised. He managed to insult Obama, Clinton and Bush backhandedly.

And Michelle Obama! Throwin' shade and looking like she wanted to cry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.