Clock Boy

Marc DuQuesne

There are a whole lot of questions being asked about this episode. Why are they picking on the brown boy? Why not encourage kids to experiment with electronics intead of arrest them? Why is he suing for 15 million after becoming famous and meeting the president over the deal? Why are they moving to Qatar?

I only want one question answered. How does a clock with no internal power supply "beep" to bring it to the english teacher's attention in the first place? The pictures clearly show a device that requires 110v power to be supplied. No battery....

Just like that, we can now call him Opportunist Boy. Or Asshole Manipulator Boy.

Come on. 15 million, because his attorney says, his "reputation in the global community is permanently scarred."

What reputation? Further, he should feel quite adored since Obama had to whisk him to the White House to show his never ending support for just about anyone other than those who really need attention (i.e. not his fringe constituency).

Guest El Chalupacabra

That's right, Pong. Just because a law suit is frivoulous, or at least objectionable on moral grounds, and no matter how scummy the plantiff is, or how little the actual damage is, when there is money to be had, let the legal procedings begin. Because we all know civil court actually exists to make you rich if you can twist the law your way, when you are lucky enough to win the litigation lottery. It's all about the chedder.

Guest El Chalupacabra

so you blame the KID for this lawsuit? Not the lawyer? Not his parents?

No. I don't even care one way or the other about clock boy.

I'm talking about Pong's idea that we all are just jealous because everyone wants to cash in on a lawsuit. He seems to imply that the courts exist like a lottery, waiting to make the right person with the right argument rich. That's what I was commenting on.

I can respect someone who signs up for welfare and food stamps simply because they don't want to work more than I can respect someone who looks for a lawsuit to cash in.

I honestly was a little jealous when this story first broke. I thought this 14 year old kid actually went down to radio shack, picked out a bunch of components, and built a clock. Then I discovered that he really just took apart a working clock, took the components out, and put them into a crappy looking bent up case. Not jealous anymore. Nice "invention" clock boy.

Clock Boy is a real life Cartman. Pull a prank, play the victim, meet the president, bask in the support of idiots, sue for millions of dollars.

Only in Obamerica.

What does Obama have to do with it? You saying this would only ever happen with him as president?

Nope, stupid Americans doing stupid things has totally only started happening. There were mo frivolous lawsuits before 2002 either.

The only argument I can see is that maybe, MAYBE, Obama is the first President to make use of social media to occasionally interact with people.

But if the Reagans can have Eazy-E to the White House, Obama can have clock kid.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Nope, stupid Americans doing stupid things has totally only started happening. There were mo frivolous lawsuits before 2002 either.

The only argument I can see is that maybe, MAYBE, Obama is the first President to make use of social media to occasionally interact with people.

But if the Reagans can have Eazy-E to the White House, Obama can have clock kid.

Nah, Eazy-E visited GHW Bush's White House, not Reagan. Apparently Eazy-E received a generic GOP mailer asking for donations, and since he sent in $1200, he got a legitimate invite to the White House.

But Nancy Reagan did get it on with Mr. T....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.