Orlando Area Help

So I am looking at possible being in Orlando the weekend of Halloween. I want to go to the Magic Kingdom one day but I know I want to avoid Halloween at all costs.

Does anyone have any advice that lives in the area? Would the day before Halloween be a good time to visit the Magic Kingdom? I just don't want it to be wall to wall people and only be able to ride one or two things. And what is some fun Halloween type stuff to do in Orlando on Halloween?

Here I am to save the day!

If you want to go to Magic Kingdom around Halloween, you can attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It's less than a full-day park ticket and you can enter the park around 4, I believe. DON'T go on Halloween; that date sells out and is crazy busy. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingFLR/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/?CMP=KNC-WDW_FY15_MNSSHP_FLR_Brand-Exact|G|4151500.MK.AM.04.03&keyword_id=swSCOoDkb_dc|mickey%27s%20not%20so%20scary%20halloween|78986817984|e|15405kg14047

I did Not So Scary last year and liked it. The Halloween parade and fireworks are awesome. There's lots of rare characters out, but if you don't care about that, it's a good time to do rides because there's less people in the park.

If you decide to go to a regular day at Magic Kingdom, I'd recommend getting there before park opening. You can walk on to tons of rides before the park starts filling up. This past Friday I did opening for the first time and got on Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Jungle Cruise with no wait at all. Just a few hours later, the lines were huge.

You will also be here during Food and Wine festival at Epcot. Food and Wine is awesome, but very crowded. You will pretty much be paying to eat.

Universal has Halloween Horror Nights (I am not a fan but I don't like very scary things; horror fan friends love it). I think Sea World even has something now. There's usually a block party in Downtown Orlando, if that's more your thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.