So I got assaulted last night

Odine

So I was drunk with my mate last night and we were on push bikes going down the road when out of nowhere these people jumped out, pushed us off our bikes and bet us up. Fun times. There is not a lot you can do when there is a whole gang of kids and only two of you. I think I got knocked out. One second I was telling these kids to fuck of the next I was talking a police officer with blood pouring out my nose and back of my head where it hit the pavement. The minutes in between are gone, so yeah figured that was my first brush with unconsciousness. Like a Contral-alt-delete reset. Got a nice shiner (black eye) now too. People are ***holes. And about twenty meters down the road it turns out this same gang of kids assaulted another group of people only a lot worse. Apparently the moon last night was different or something. "Blue moon" or whatever. The moon sucks.

Islington. Was on a busy road at 2am or so called Essex Road. Its full of bars and quite public.

I mean.. I say that of knives because people largely don't have guns in this country. I mean.. some gangsters and dodgy people do but you're more likely to see gun crime in gang on gang situations usually revolving around drugs. Random encounters on the street are super common, and usually don't involve knife crime but it is pretty common for little shit bags with nothing to do but misbehave and get a rep to use knives.

Also, the thing with London is dodgy neighbourhoods are not segregated from the rest of the place. Council estates (state housing) and dodgy areas can be in the middle of affluent and visually what one would assume is a safe neighbourhood. Nice houses sometimes sit opposite and next to absolute dives. There are no real "ghetto" areas.... well that is an exaggeration because there are, but for the most part its mixed all over the place.

Where I got attacked assaults on nights out are common, and knife crime is not unheard of either. Its also a popular drinking and eating area.

I've been assaulted and/or people have tried to mug me 3 times (including this time) by complete random strangers at night since I moved to London seven years ago.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I am sorry to hear this, Odine. I hope you recover soon. And I hope they catch the guys who did this, though I know from experience, that is usually a long shot at best.

Bunch of savages. This is why I keep a concealed weapons permit. I hope they catch the bastards.

I mean, I totally understand your sentiment. Personally I'd rather get my ass handed to me in a fistfight than have the situation escalate by drawing a firearm and potentially fatally shooting someone and come out unscathed. But to have a deterrant like that might be a comfort, but personally I think it is a false comfort. I couldn't live with killing someone.. Unless the alternative was my own death. This certainly wasn't a life and death situation. Just a bunch of drunk dick heads beating each other up.

Bunch of savages. This is why I keep a concealed weapons permit. I hope they catch the bastards.

I mean, I totally understand your sentiment. Personally I'd rather get my ass handed to me in a fistfight than have the situation escalate by drawing a firearm and potentially fatally shooting someone and come out unscathed. But to have a deterrant like that might be a comfort, but personally I think it is a false comfort. I couldn't live with killing someone.. Unless the alternative was my own death. This certainly wasn't a life and death situation. Just a bunch of drunk dick heads beating each other up.

I've been messed with enough that I just don't care about these kinds of people. If they die, they die. Glad you're (mostly) okay, hope there isn't a fourth encounter.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.