2014 - 2015 NBA Playoffs.

Ms. Spam

I am hoping to see someone besides the Spurs or Mavericks from the West. Those teams plus the Lakers have been dominating the West since 1999. As a casual fan, I would like to see some team win that has never won an NBA championship or at least has not won one in a long time (like over 30 years).

Here is the last time each playoff time won an NBA title:

2014 - San Antonio Spurs

2011 - Dallas Mavericks
2008 - Boston Celtics
1998 - Chicago Bulls
1995 - Houston Rockets
1978 - Washington Wizards
1977 - Portland Trail Blazers
1975 - Golden State Warriors
1971 - Milwaukee Bucks
1958 - Atlanta Hawks
None - Brooklyn Nets
None - Toronto Raptors
None - Cleveland Cavaliers
None - New Orleans Pelicans
None - Memphis Grizzlies
None - Los Angeles Clippers

The Rockets are kind of surprising me this year. Three teams from Texas.

The last time only one of these teams was in the playoffs was back in the 1999-2000 season where only the San Antonio Spurs made it to the playoffs. There also has never been a season in which all of these three teams have been in the NBA and none of them have made the playoffs (going back to when the Mavericks were founded in 1980).

Bazers won last night staving off the inevitable for one more game.

Maybe this is crazy, but to me it never makes sense for an overmatched,injury decimated team to make "a statement" like this before falling.

I mean sure -- if Matthews was coming back tomorrow and Aldridge's hand was about to miraculously heal, and Batum's entire body suddenly started feeling better... OK try to hold on until the cavalry arrives and see what happens. But that's just not gonna happen here.

With the luck they've had this year, it seems like playing over their heads to extend a physical series is just begging for yet more injuries. Is the paycheck or "honor" for winning a single playoff game that great?

Am I totally off-base in feeling like I'd rather see the team just go home and heal thyselves for next year, rather than see Damian Lillard break a femur while the team flails toward the inevitable?

hahah

Go... Rockets?

In all serious, sorry your guys lost, Spam. SA has been a great team, and it woulda been cool to see Duncan get one last title before retiring.

At this point, I think GS/Atlanta would be my ideal finals matchup.

Not my favorite teams, but the matchup and conspiracy theories ("David Stern never would have let this happen!") would be too Twilight Zone a scene for me not to watch.

Here is the last time each playoff time won an NBA title (updated for remaining teams):

1998 - Chicago Bulls

1995 - Houston Rockets

1978 - Washington Wizards

1975 - Golden State Warriors

1958 - Atlanta Hawks

None - Cleveland Cavaliers

None - Memphis Grizzlies

None - Los Angeles Clippers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.