Movie Music Videos

Twenty something years ago (in the early 1990s), I made a video of Star Wars clips set to the theme music. I recorded clips from VHS tapes onto a camcorder, and then played back the video and recorded on a VCR while using the audio input plugged into my CD player. Well, the VHS tape eventually deteriorated to the point of being unwatchable. Plus, I haven't used a VCR in years anyway. I wanted to someday remake that video (from scratch) on a computer so I have a digital copy.

I did just that this past year. I got the video from DVDs and have a mp3 recording of the theme music. I put the music video together using Windows Live Movie Maker (probably not the best stuff to use for movie editing, but it seemed to suit my needs). It wasn't exactly the same as before. I used different clips and some Special Edition footage in some parts; however, I was happier with how it came out this time because I can edit down to the milliseconds. With a camcorder and VCR, I wasn't able to be as precise. Kind of like stormtroopers and blasters (...what the hell was Obi-Wan thinking? Also makes me wonder how the stormtroopers in Episode VII will do). Anyways, I digress.

I finished the video and wanted to share it, but when I uploaded to YouTube it gave me a warning about copyrighted material. So, it wouldn't let me post the Star Wars video; however, I also did another similar video of all the Rocky movies. Oddly enough, YouTube let me post this one. If anyone is a Rocky fan and wants to check it out, here it is. Hope you enjoy it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.