God is with us...

Darth Lohr

...y'know, because it's harder to kill people when you're not there.

My wife's aunt just shared the following picture on her Facebook...

10476517_831447556942842_771329610239014

It also included the following quote...

“God is with us.” An Oklahoma teen snapped this incredible photo with that caption amid the death and destruction of yesterday’s tornado.

Yes, whenever there is a large amount of death and destruction, it's a safe bet that religion is somehow involved. Thanks for the deadly natural disaster, JC!

I will just always be amazed by people's ability to read into any situation or event and convince themselves it's proof that their belief system is correct. Yesterday, I was out to lunch with my wife and the table right next to us was occupied by four "godly" women. Without even trying to, I overheard many mentions of God and how full their lives are of him. At one point, one of them was going on about a website of hers and how she had paid somebody to design it. She actually uttered the phrase, "Praise Jesus I was able to find him and he could do that!"

Yes, indeed. I certainly detect the work of a higher power. I mean, in this day and age, what are the odds of being able to find and hire someone that knows something about web design?!? That's borderline miracle, right there. That's what that is! :eek:

I used to think I hated religion and then I realized I just didn't care. Like, I've had people ask me if I believe or not and I explained that it made no difference either way to me. I would live my life day to day the same way whether I found out tomorrow there was a god or that there wasn't. Am I Athiest? Agnostic? Something else? I don't know, but I do know that it doesn't matter to me.

I understand people using symbolism to give hope and meaning to frightening situations... but as someone who grew up in the Christian community; the over-sentimentality, taking everything as a sign of Jesus and or God holding your hand, the footprints in the sand crap, gets just a tad annoying.

Guest El Chalupacabra

So good sends a tornado to wreck stuff then tags the aftermath so you don't forget who it was?

It's just like that Nick Lowe song....

You gotta be

Cruel to be kind in the right measure

Cruel to be kind it's a very good sign

Cruel to be kind means that I love you

Its a pretty cool photo though.. if it weren't for the @Chase_Rhodes at the top. I mean, the subject matter kind of does all the work for the photographer.. but it looks great. Somehow apt when I think of bible belt USA. I reckon a liberal arts major could write a thesis on that photo.

If I lived I Moore, OK, I would believe in a vengeful God. That town should be abandoned and let go to nature, just too many tornadoes hit it.

Its pretty silly that folks think they are blessed when the storm barely misses them but wrecks their neighbors stuff. A true blessing would be no tornado.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.