Leonard Nimoy dies at 83

Guest El Chalupacabra

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think if any character personifies Star Trek, it's Nimoy's Spock, including Kirk. Spock is probably one of the most well-known characters, sci fi, or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

This kind of got overshadowed by Leonard Nimoy's death, but Harve Bennet passed away two days prior, on Feb 25t, 2015. Ironic that inside a week, we lost two giants inHe was 84, and among other things, famous for the Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, and especially Star Trek 2-5 movies, best of which being TWOK.

Arguably, Bennett was AS important to Star Trek as Gene Roddenberry, himself. It was Bennett and Meyer that was responsible for essentially saving Star Trek with the movie series (Star Trek 1 might have been popular with fans, but it was Star Trek II that really caused a re-surge in Star Trek popularity), which led to Star Trek's spinoffs TNG and 4 TNG movies, DS9, VOY, and ENT.

Not to mention I grew up on Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman reruns. The show is hoaky now, but II have many fond memories of those shows. RIP.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/harve-bennett-dies-star-trek-movie-producer-1201387026/

I had no idea until I saw your post that he'd died. You're right; it was absolutely overshadowed. I forget when and where I read an article about how the two great underacknowledged creative forces for Trek are him for the movies and Gene Coon for the original series but that always seemed accurate enough from the behindthescenes books and stuff.

He was also a producer on Time Trax. That was a really great show.[citation needed]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.