That lightsaber

Durty D

This is just my own speculation but it's based on persistent rumours so if you're not doing spoilers look away now.

The crossguard, is it really for battle or is it for something else entirely.

We've heard rumours of an ancient Sith tomb. That Luke may be guarding it.

We've also heard of scavengers looking for artefacts like Luke's hand or Vader's lightsaber.

What if it's neither. What if the crossguard lightsaber is the literal key to opening this tomb?

That's what I've been reading too...in fact the very first rumour I heard about Ep7 was that Luke's detached hand (from cloud city) was still clutching Anakin's hand-me-down saber from Obi-wan and that it was simply floating through space.

Seems like a weird McGuffin. Outside of hardcore star wars fans, how iconic is this particular lightsaber?

Outside of hardcore star wars fans, how iconic is this particular lightsaber?

I would guess not very iconic; despite plastic roleplay lightsabers hanging on retailer pegs for 20 years (meaning high visibility), only the serious SW fan (AKA not the millions of average moviegoers) recognize the individual lightsaber hilt designs, or know who they belong to. All most know is that a 12-inch tube shoots out a glow stick making strange / cool noises in the movies.

Some might know the difference between the good guys with lightsabers and the bad, but the design would draw a "huh?" to the average person.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.