Heroic Prank unfortunately results in Poop Inspections for Kids

The Human Torch

Source

Elementary School Children in Texas were forced to pull down their pants and bend over for inspection after feces was found on the gym floor. Outrage ensues. What say you? If my daughter came home and told me this I would find out who the disciplinarian was and unleash a crap load of verbal abuse upon them. Depending on how I gauge the person then my emotions might bubble into physical confrontation. I might need someone less attached involved otherwise the **** could hit the fan. I do think someone should lose their job for this.

What THT said:

Source

Elementary School Children in Texas were forced to pull down their pants and bend over for inspection after feces was found on the gym floor. Outrage ensues. What say you? If my daughter came home and told me this I would find out who the disciplinarian was and unleash a crap load of verbal abuse upon them. Depending on how I gauge the person then my emotions might bubble into physical confrontation. I might need someone less attached involved otherwise the **** could hit the fan. I do think someone should lose their job for this.

What I read:

pull down pants and bend over for inspection feces crap abuse gauge bubble confrontation. ****.

Okay So A few comments from a teacher.

This is a tiny school district. The town only has 450 people living in it. So old people 50s style logic was applied to the problem at hand; Finding the poopster. This probably came about because old people run a dying town. Feelings got way out of hand. This would not happen on a conventional school district.

If a parent came raving at me about this I would laugh. And I would probably make the kids clean it

Why does Texas get dumped on?

This is a tiny school district. The town only has 450 people living in it. So old people 50s style logic was applied to the problem at hand; Finding the poopster. This probably came about because old people run a dying town. Feelings got way out of hand. This would not happen on a conventional school district.

If a parent came raving at me about this I would laugh. And I would probably make the kids clean it

You seem to know a lot about this. Was this in YOUR class, Ms. Spam?

<grin>

You know the more I think about this, I don't even think it was a prank. It was probably some student with loose bowels asked to do jumping jacks during PE after eating some beans and rice. Gustine used to be known as Cora, Texas. It's a small town Southwest of Fort Worth. High fracking country and not much but tumbleweeds.

Kids were just asked lower their pants to "Like where their butt is."

Ur Mom checks ur pantz. If you want the school to be a nanny state then ur skool can check 2!

You seem to know a lot about this. Was this in YOUR class, Ms. Spam?

<grin>

I personally have heard a shart in class. I immediately let the kid go to the bathroom and asked the secretary to call home for him. I work in a school that is Kindergarten through 8th grade, and accidents happen. Teachers roll with it. Kids bladders are still growing with them and things can happen. I think it is worse when girls get their period. Last year I had a 5th grade girl who freaked out about the blood in the desk's seat! "OMG! Where did this come from!?"

Pun intended?

:yes:

I take any article that is based on the idea of "look at what outrageous thing this school did" with a grain of salt. Due to FERPA regulations which protect student privacy, schools cannot disclose student information. Parents can talk to the media and say whatever they want, but schools are not allowed to comment. I had a case where a parent was shouting to whomever would listen that I suspended her daughter for giving another student an aspirin. She was indeed giving other students aspirin, but the mom omitted that her daughter was crushing up the aspirin and selling it as cocaine (including to elementary students).

That being said, if this is accurate, it is truly an unfortunate event and school administration should face criminal charges.

Such a ridiculous way of going about solving the problem.

I'm not a teacher -- I just know a lot of teachers -- and through that wee bit of osmosis, am very aware of how far apart developmentally kids that age can be. There could be major physical and/or psychological problems going on with the poopkid(s), and treating it like you're searching backpacks for a missing iPhone is just really stupid and could further exacerbate the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem slapping around and/or humiliating kids who are clearly misbehaving. But when there is poop involved, maybe they could err on the side of "Some kid might be really screwed up, and is likely already embarrassed about this. Maybe a public poop inspection isn't the best idea here..."

:eek:

Such a ridiculous way of going about solving the problem.

I'm not a teacher -- I just know a lot of teachers -- and through that wee bit of osmosis, am very aware of how far apart developmentally kids that age can be. There could be major physical and/or psychological problems going on with the poopkid(s), and treating it like you're searching backpacks for a missing iPhone is just really stupid and could further exacerbate the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem slapping around and/or humiliating kids who are clearly misbehaving. But when there is poop involved, maybe they could err on the side of "Some kid might be really screwed up, and is likely already embarrassed about this. Maybe a public poop inspection isn't the best idea here..."

:eek:

Ha ha ha ... no s**t.

No pun intended.

You know the more I think about this, I don't even think it was a prank. It was probably some student with loose bowels asked to do jumping jacks during PE after eating some beans and rice. Gustine used to be known as Cora, Texas. It's a small town Southwest of Fort Worth. High fracking country and not much but tumbleweeds.

Kids were just asked lower their pants to "Like where their butt is."

Ur Mom checks ur pantz. If you want the school to be a nanny state then ur skool can check 2!

No teacher has the right to check anybody without consent, nurses attending injuries are different in regards to assessing emergency or illness etc... obviously. Law Enforcement can't check a kid without consent /or legal representation etc, can't even interview a child without any of that. No way, no how can a teacher or any school staff initiate a body search, no matter if it's "just let us peek at your crack" or not. Anyone that thinks of doing it needs to attend mandatory sessions with HR and anyone that does it should be fired, any parent/guardian who's child went thru it should contact a lawyer too. This discipline is egregious in it's offense.

Afterthought: As to the 1950ness, the old schoolness, I have to call bull too. If a child came home to a father, specially a Texan, in 1950 and said, "Daddy, my teacher pulled my pants down and looked at my privates." Then that father would in all likelihood immediately resort to physical confrontation. And when... IF... the police involved themselves they probably would have said, "Well, that teacher had it coming."

Actually the 4th amendment is blurry in public schools when the safety of the school is in question.

Now this situation is not risking school safety but students and their belongings can be search without a warrant.

Male students are checked by police or male administrator and female students are checked by female officer or administrator.

This incident however the school cannot do what it did.

Torch, I'm not going to inspect underpantz. You can be assured that I will never ever make that a priority. I will let the poop fall where it may and try to get class moving again. Pranks are the hardest thing about teaching because you wanna laugh but you have to kind of be all serious and get the focus back.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Are you kidding me?

In this day and age, NO TEACHER ought to be asking kids to pull down their pants, and NOT expect to get in trouble. I don't care what backwards Podunk inbred sh*t kicking town you are talking about, EVERYONE has heard of child molestation, and no teacher should ask a kid to do anything that can be remotely construed as such. It's just common sense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.