No More Death Stars?

RamonAtila

Im surprised to say I wouldn't care if TFA opened with the heroes blowing up their 7th Death Star. But I know many people don't feel the same.

How do YOU feel about it? And for that matter, what do we call our heroes? The rebels? The New Republic? So here's a second discussion

entirely.

We know there'll be stormtroopers. As I said before, no way there's stormtroopers if the Empire is too small and the Galaxy is basically a new Republic.

But we always have a name to identify our heroes (Jedi Council, Rebellion, etc...) What do you think it'll be here?

Im surprised to say I wouldn't care if TFA opened with the heroes blowing up their 7th Death Star.

I would be very surprised. After all, there are only three or so more Death Stars left out there : the Death Star prototype in the Kessel Run's Maw, the Death Star from the Star Tours ride, and the Darksaber. Wait, maybe, and the Galaxy Gun and World Devastators if you stretch it and maybe the Eye of Palpatine should count too.

So, actually, they'll either not be blowing up their 7th Death Star or they'll be blowing up their ninth (or tenth, didn't Isard make one out of a moon or was that just a ruse? oh, and eleventh and twelfth because of the Golan Space Defense Platforms orbiting Imperial Center) one.

SO MANY DEATH STARS

Im surprised to say I wouldn't care if TFA opened with the heroes blowing up their 7th Death Star.

I would be very surprised. After all, there are only three or so more Death Stars left out there : the Death Star prototype in the Kessel Run's Maw, the Death Star from the Star Tours ride, and the Darksaber. Wait, maybe, and the Galaxy Gun and World Devastators if you stretch it and maybe the Eye of Palpatine should count too.

So, actually, they'll either not be blowing up their 7th Death Star or they'll be blowing up their ninth (or tenth, didn't Isard make one out of a moon or was that just a ruse? oh, and eleventh and twelfth because of the Golan Space Defense Platforms orbiting Imperial Center) one.

SO MANY DEATH STARS

Don't forget the Tarkin.

We know there'll be stormtroopers. As I said before, no way there's stormtroopers if the Empire is too small and the Galaxy is basically a new Republic.

I'm not understanding this logic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't worry, MJ. The Empire will still have stormtroopers. And I'm sure they have implemented EEO/AAP standards by now so they will be well diversified.

They already have been! Thank you, John Jackson MIller.

But this is a reboot. I don't think the republic did take and the galaxy is in chaos.

Relearn what you have learned.

Sure. But I'm still not understanding how stormtroopers has to = no Republic. Apparently I'm missing something that Fozzie thinks is hi-larious. :p

SO MANY DEATH STARS

Don't forget the Tarkin.

I didn't! But I was sure that was destroyed pre-ROTJ so it wasn't included, along with some of the big-stuff-that's-blown-up at the end of a lot of the games.

MY CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION WAS FAIR YET RIGOROUS

Don't worry, MJ. The Empire will still have stormtroopers. And I'm sure they have implemented EEO/AAP standards by now so they will be well diversified.

But this is a reboot. I don't think the republic did take and the galaxy is in chaos.

Sure. But I'm still not understanding how stormtroopers has to = no Republic. Apparently I'm missing something that Fozzie thinks is hi-larious. :p

After Hitler was killed the only people wearing Nazi uniforms 30 years later were weirdo war re-enactors and Neo-Nazis.

SO MANY DEATH STARS

You forgot the one from Rebel Assault. And does the Death Star from the first version of Star Tours and the newer version count as the same Death Star, or different ones? Or maybe the first on is now part of the legends EU?

I said I wasn't counting the ones from the video games and I was specifically thinking of Rebel Assaults 1 and 2 (I remember really liking the cinematic cutscenes for 2) as well as the Arc Hammer from the Dark Forces game. These got blown up before ROTJ and, wait, you and Ryn are right that they should bump up the total anyway.

So that makes the Endor Death Star like the fourth or fifth or sixth Death Star blown up by the Rebels.

After Hitler was killed the only people wearing Nazi uniforms 30 years later were weirdo war re-enactors and Neo-Nazis.

Then there shouldn't be stormtroopers at all.

I'm not understanding this logic. Why would stormtroopers disappear if the Empire has been beaten back to a small section of the galaxy?

I'm just saying, in the PT the clonetroopers belonged to a massive Republic. In WWII the Nazis had to ally with Italy and Japan.

I just don't see the big deal of a new trilogy if the Empire still didn't have a lot of clout.

EDIT: Let me explain better. I know you're thinking about the Seperatists being a little 5-10% of the Galaxy that caused so much trouble, but that was different. They had Palpy on the inside. They were on the rise. It was more attractive to join them.

How many scabs is the Empire gonna get together after such a huge bust in ROTJ? In the ST it would make sense if the Empire was still huge.

SECOND EDIT: Empire still huge? I don't know what I'm saying anymore. This new trilogy's freaking me out.

How many Death Stars (horrible name by the way - should've been Galactic Homeland Offensive Security Tactical Station or something like that, and the Rebels could've busted them) does one Empire need? How much does something like that cost?

Better a Death Star in TFA than any of the weird Sun Crushers or World Devastators from the EU, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.