Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Clone Wars Season 5

Clone Wars Season 5 Clone Wars Season 5 Star Wars SW

46 replies to this topic

Doze

Doze

Just Chill'n

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Boy this looks GREAT!

Edited by Doze, 13 June 2012 - 03:33 PM.

• Exodus +1 this

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Grand Master Whango Mittphool

• Members
  • 33,171 posts
Shameless self-promotion... I was at Dave Filoni's Q&A at Star Wars Weekend and posted some tidbits on our blog.

The Onderon arc will tie in with the formation of Rebels & foreshadow the Rebel Alliance.

This will be a big year for Ahsoka.

Season 5 will expand on Darth Maul & show all his machinations as a Sith. Tough times ahead for Obi-Wan.

Ventress will pair up w/ someone more interesting than Obi-Wan.

You will see Fives again. He will be a main character.

Why was Maul brought back to life? 'George told me to.'

'Sorrow can be so sweet sometimes.' – Dave Filoni re: Obi and Satine’s relationship.

Per Dave, an episode of Season 5 might be premiered at Celebration!

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,010 posts
So if they are going to break with the original plan and do a Season 6, I'd love to see Order 66 across the galaxy.
  • Exodus +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• Moderators
  • 27,179 posts
Oh hell yes!

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• Members
  • 14,991 posts

So if they are going to break with the original plan and do a Season 6, I'd love to see Order 66 across the galaxy.

I think the show is doing too well to simply end it because of canon time restraints. There's only so much action that you can realistically portray during the three or four years of the Clone Wars, but it's pretty clear that the team behind the show is on a creative roll that shouldn't stop simply because of that. I've always hoped that they'd do one of two things: Either rebrand the show as the timeframe moves past Revenge of the Sith, or put the whole team on a new project that takes place within the Rebellion years or in the EU territory following Return of the Jedi.

Originally, I'd have been in full support of doing something in another timeframe altogether. But the writing team behind the show has done such a fantastic job creating sort of a "sub-universe" of Star Wars. They've done so well fleshing out their own characters, tone, and style that it seems as if this is another brand of the franchise entirely. After seeing how well they've developed that in the past two seasons, I think I'd rather see them continue into the years following Revenge of the Sith. The live action TV show was supposed to do that, but I think it's time to give up the dream on it. It's probably never going to happen, and I'd rather this team tackle that instead at this point.

On that note, I'm not going to pretend that this is a big scoop or insider information, so take it as you will. I talked with Ashley Eckstein for about ten minutes at DragonCon about this sort of thing, and I brought up the same concern that there was only so much that you can really fit into the Clone Wars timeframe. She seemed to think that Filoni and Lucas wanted to move it on into another time period, but she wasn't entirely sure about it. I'm sure she's not privy to all of those conversations, but I'm still happy with the fact that there's at least apparently been talk about it.

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

• Members
  • 33,171 posts

They are already working on Season 6.

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• Members
  • 2,370 posts
I hope Season 6 is the last one, and that it in no way overlaps with Revenge of the Sith and leaves Ventress' fate up in the air (for reasons you can probably guess, but I won't get into that here). I do hope they resolve the problem with Ahsoka's existence, though. There obviously has to be some reason why Anakin is not a Jedi Master by the time the film rolls around, because the most common way of attaining that rank is by successfully training a Padawan to knighthood. Therefore, something obviously has to happen to Ahsoka to prevent that from happening, whether it be her death, her fall to the dark side (which I think would be far too redundant), or her turning her back on the Jedi Order. Or simply being transferred to a different Master because Anakin can't train her right.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

TacocaT

• Members
  • 5,265 posts

Originally, I'd have been in full support of doing something in another timeframe altogether. But the writing team behind the show has done such a fantastic job creating sort of a "sub-universe" of Star Wars. They've done so well fleshing out their own characters, tone, and style that it seems as if this is another brand of the franchise entirely. After seeing how well they've developed that in the past two seasons, I think I'd rather see them continue into the years following Revenge of the Sith. The live action TV show was supposed to do that, but I think it's time to give up the dream on it. It's probably never going to happen, and I'd rather this team tackle that instead at this point.

Actually that is a great idea, but I think you can still have both. The live action show, Star Wars Underworld, was never going to focus on main characters from the films, anyway. If they did a post ROTS/Pre ANH CGI series, that would be great if the same team in TCW did a post ROTS CGI series. They could focus on Vader and the Emperor tracking down jedi,and trying to exterminate them, as well as focus on how the seeds of rebellion ends up growing. I mean The Force Unleashed games establish that some Jedi Masters did indeed survive, and Rahm Kota could have attempted rebellion at some point, sort of a "proto-Rebellion" movement, and of course you have characters like Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Bel Iblis, and AkBar, too.

I hope Season 6 is the last one, and that it in no way overlaps with Revenge of the Sith and leaves Ventress' fate up in the air (for reasons you can probably guess, but I won't get into that here). I do hope they resolve the problem with Ahsoka's existence, though. There obviously has to be some reason why Anakin is not a Jedi Master by the time the film rolls around, because the most common way of attaining that rank is by successfully training a Padawan to knighthood. Therefore, something obviously has to happen to Ahsoka to prevent that from happening, whether it be her death, her fall to the dark side (which I think would be far too redundant), or her turning her back on the Jedi Order. Or simply being transferred to a different Master because Anakin can't train her right.

I agree that Ventriss leaving the Sith, and fate and location left unknown would be best.

A post ROTS CGI series written be a great vehicle to explain what happened to Ahsoka, too. Personally I think Ahsoka shutting off her light saber and leaving the Jedi Order before ROTS would be the best explanation (IE maybe over seeing the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order or Republic, and how the Clones are treated?). It would mirror Ventriss leaving the Sith, and Ahsoka is sort of an opposite version of Ventriss. I don't want Ahsoka to die. It would have worked in Season 1 or 2, but now the Ahsoka character has become really established. At this point, killing her off would not do her character justice, at least for me.

In fact, a grown up Ahsoka picking up her saber again after Order 66 during the dark times as a jedi in hiding trying to do what good she can, or even as an agent of the rebellion, would be something I would like to see. It would be interesting if a grown Ahsoka, ignorant of Vader's true identity, was tasked by the rebellion (or the rebellion's predecessor) to discover Vader's true identity. As far as the galaxy is concerned, Vader just came out of no where, and became the Emperor's right hand man. Imagine the horror of Ahsoka, when she discovers Vader is really her old master, Anakin Skywalker. You can almost make a series based on that premise, alone. A good season-long arc, at least.

Edited by El Chalupacabra, 16 June 2012 - 02:12 PM.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,010 posts

If Ventress is a book thing, I hope they give me a a visual ending and basically do whatever they want. You can have the books, this is a visual medium and I want an ending for Ventress without having to read a lot of crap unless it's got Luceno's name on it.

And why couldn't Ahsoka just be on a mission during ROTS?

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,010 posts

They are already working on Season 6.

I figured if they actually wanted to make a deadline, they'd already be at work. I just don't see a point to go past their original five year plan and I always felt that when shows make moves like this, they always overstay their welcome and hurt the show overall.

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• Members
  • 2,370 posts

If Ventress is a book thing, I hope they give me a a visual ending and basically do whatever they want. You can have the books, this is a visual medium and I want an ending for Ventress without having to read a lot of crap unless it's got Luceno's name on it.

Well, it's mainly more of a comic thing than a book thing, but yes, that is the reason. I basically share your sentiment but in reverse: I don't want to watch a lot of crap that's made for kids pushing aside the more mature stories aimed at older audiences.

Going to withhold my previous statement about the show for the time being.

Edited by Zerimar Nyliram, 17 June 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
I'd love for them to show us ROTS but from Ahaoka's POV. It could overlap the movie in some places, but more so show other stuff. The following season can show us the purge.
  • D-Ray Kenobi, Ixion, Wally Q and 1 other +1 this

Doze

Doze

Just Chill'n

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

I'd love for them to show us ROTS but from Ahaoka's POV. It could overlap the movie in some places, but more so show other stuff. The following season can show us the purge.

Agreed! I still want a movie to end out the Clone Wars. So a sarp down turn of season 6 then Order 66 the movie. Then preveiws to the live action TV show. I'm thinking the problems that lead to the Live Action puch back in time has lead to the start of season 6. I just hope the writting dose not show it.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• Members
  • 5,966 posts
David Tennant in next episode.

• Exodus +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• Supporters
  • 3,814 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Is it just me? Or does anyone else see the resemblance?

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,896 posts
While Ventress has been referred to in a couple of books and featured in one, she is largely a comic-book thing. Her final storyline in "Republic" had her being saved by Obi-Wan and taking a ship out where there would be no Jedi, Sith or anyone else to bother her. She just wanted away from all of this.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,688 posts

Is it just me? Or does anyone else see the resemblance?

Not only that, they're both owned by Disney.

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• Supporters
  • 3,814 posts
Posted Image

HEY I RECOGNIZE THOSE NUMBERS WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO PULL THIS IS WORSE THAN THE DEATH STAR TRACTOR BEAM CONTROL PANEL FIASCO

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,688 posts
Isn't that just the keypad?

More importantly (to me), what's that fugly ship silhouette in the screen's corner?

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• Supporters
  • 3,814 posts
Is that how the Aurebesh numbers just are? Like real numbers? THIS DOES NOT MEET WITH MY APPROVAL.

That's either the pirate ship they hijacked or the ancient Jedi ship with the old droid (voiced by David Tennant) who helps generations of padawans construct their lightsabers. IT DEPENDS ON WHICH CORNER OF THE SCREEN YOU ARE REFERRING TO.

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

• Members
  • 33,171 posts
Hondo Ohnaka for all the episodes.
  • NumberSix +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,688 posts

Is that how the Aurebesh numbers just are? Like real numbers? THIS DOES NOT MEET WITH MY APPROVAL.

I want to think numbers are the same. Those are just a little stylized.

That's either the pirate ship they hijacked or the ancient Jedi ship with the old droid (voiced by David Tennant) who helps generations of padawans construct their lightsabers. IT DEPENDS ON WHICH CORNER OF THE SCREEN YOU ARE REFERRING TO.

The bottom-left one. I didn't notice the other silhouette.

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• Supporters
  • 3,814 posts
Yeah. That's the Crucible --- an ancient Jedi training ship.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Supporters
  • 17,896 posts
Hondo is okay, but he's like a Weequay version of Vilmarh Grahrk. I just can't shake that feeling.

Doze

Doze

Just Chill'n

• Members
  • 2,512 posts
http://youtu.be/pBoHu521U6M

http://youtu.be/zBVtjeejWXY

Man this looks GREAT!!!

OH! Just found the Full Episode up at Star Wars.com

Link: http://starwars.com/...one-wars/ep514/

Edited by Doze, 21 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clone Wars Season 5, Clone, Wars, Season 5, Star Wars, SW