Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

COD: Black Ops II - 11.13.12

5 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,547 posts
http://www.gamestop....uty-black-ops-2

Watch the trailer with the above link (click on the SPIKE logo), because they interview the studio-head of the game maker.

All the same characters from Black Ops.

Although it's a sequel to Black Ops, it's primarily set 10 years from now. It will span times, flashing back to the past, the present and then the future.

The campaign mode is going to be non-linear! You'll be able to alter the branching storyline by the choices you make on the battlefield missions.

You'll be able to choose between controlling drones and fighting on the ground or overlord mode, etc.

Oh, and more zombie modes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts

The campaign mode is going to be non-linear! You'll be able to alter the branching storyline by the choices you make on the battlefield missions.

That honeslty sounds awsome, I love games that let you dictate the story a bit.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,562 posts
Still blah about it. Im tired of CoD and may not even het this one.

Brett

Brett

person

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
I think they had a good niche with the whole cold war era thing, and might be treading too much into modern warfare and ghost recon territory here. We'll see. But, yes, I agree with Ashaman, the CoD formula is wearing very thin. Hopefully they take some greater risks with this.

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• Members
  • 10,040 posts
A couple things:

- Yeah Im tired of COD as well. May get this because I loved Black Ops and Treyarch's style of multiplayer.
- I really wish they didnt put the Black ops moniker on this. Change the characters names in this new one and it would be a whole new game. I thought it was tacky and predictable that they're making a sequel.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,562 posts
I've read the "choices" you make equate more to kill person A or Person B, and they will come into play later on each offering something different. For instance, A if alive gives you the ability to control a drone in one area, where as if B is alive, then it will be... a different kind of drone.

I personally hate Treyarch's multiplayer mode. They really started the idea of the clusterf**k maps where it is next to impossible to SNIPE. I swear to god if anyone complains about that, or calls it camping I'll get the internets on you! Sniping is a part of war, battle, and whatnot, it needs to be a viable part of the game.

Plus i was pissed they destroyed half the fun of Zombies in Black Ops where you couldn't cheat with the boards.

Reply to this topic