Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is it OK to kill psychopathic killers?

18 replies to this topic

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• Moderators
  • 16,993 posts
Question: if you kill three kids and a rabbi, filming the event as you chase a little girl down and put a bullet in her head, should you be killed, too?

Posted Image

Edited by Pong Messiah, 20 March 2012 - 01:23 PM.
bad link

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• Supporter/Mods
  • 16,620 posts
Yes. Slowly.

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• Moderators
  • 16,993 posts
Agreed. I guess I'm a hypocrite when it comes to opposing capital punishment, because I honestly wouldn't have a problem with a public execution in this case.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,401 posts
Sure. I'm a fan of public executions.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
too bad it's not the x-files. the bad guy almost always gets killed in the chase...or becomes a science experiment.

that guy looks like seth.

Guest_Letsgo_7_7_*

Guest_Letsgo_7_7_*
  • Guests
I have long supported both capital and corporal punishment; have made my views clear on this board about both public executions, as well as bringing back public shaming (e.g. the pillory), discipline by force (e.g. caning in schools, etc.), and so on.

Unlike Pong, however, I have been perfectly consistant in this belief.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Maybe you or James could start with one of those WRONG IS SUBJECTIVE tirades about this dude. That might be fun.
  • Cerina +1 this

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,401 posts
Seth, we all know that only religious people believe that murder is wrong.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• Supporters
  • 7,756 posts

I'm a fan of public executions.

Redneck... :flirt:
  • Cerina +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,704 posts
It would save the tax payers all sorts of money!

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,401 posts

I'm a fan of public executions.

Redneck... :flirt:

YOU KNOW IT!!
  • Good God a Bear +1 this

Guest_Letsgo_7_7_*

Guest_Letsgo_7_7_*
  • Guests

Maybe you or James could start with one of those WRONG IS SUBJECTIVE tirades about this dude. That might be fun.

LOL

I actually thought about doing that when I saw this thread. But then I saw Cerina was posting in here, and remembered that she gets absolutely unbearable and bitchy when I'm just trying to make that philosophical point.
  • Cerina +1 this

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
I am against the death penalty but I would be perfectly fine with locking up a person like this for life in prison with a population made up of the worst of the worst. I bet they wouldn't survive very long and while they were alive their lives would be hell.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Times like this I figure we aren't far off from a Running Man/ Hunger Games/ Battle Royal / Gamer/ Death Race/ etc reality show for guys like this.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,401 posts

LOL

I actually thought about doing that when I saw this thread. But then I saw Cerina was posting in here, and remembered that she gets absolutely unbearable and bitchy when I'm just trying to make that philosophical point.

:thumbsup:

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts

I am against the death penalty but I would be perfectly fine with locking up a person like this for life in prison with a population made up of the worst of the worst. I bet they wouldn't survive very long and while they were alive their lives would be hell.

so you're insinuating you would still not only send them to their death, but also they would be subject to some form of torture as well by the worst of the worst...and you don't believe in the death penalty.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

TacocaT

• Members
  • 5,260 posts
In most cases I prefer life imprisonment over the death penalty for 2 reasons:
1. If a wrongly convicted person is put to death, you can't take it back
2. In many cases it seems to take 20-30 years to put someone to death, anyway.

But I think the death penalty does have its place:
1. In cases were all doubt of guilt is removed (IE multiple witnesses, video, DNA, legit admission of guilt, etc)
2. Heinous crimes, like multiple murder, mutilation, sex crimes, particularly against the innocent (IE children, law abiding people who never committed a crime)

In this case, the death penalty is completely appropriate.
  • Copper +1 this

Guest_Letsgo_7_7_*

Guest_Letsgo_7_7_*
  • Guests
Damn it Chalup, you're being far too reasonable.

More trolling please, thank you.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts

so you're insinuating you would still not only send them to their death, but also they would be subject to some form of torture as well by the worst of the worst...and you don't believe in the death penalty.

Yea, I never fully understood that line of thought either.

Reply to this topic