Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game of Thrones season 2 (THREAD CONTAINS BOOK SPOILERS)

208 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

trained in gorilla warfare

• Supporters
  • 31,761 posts
War is coming. April 1.

It needs a new thread.

Edited by Darth Krawlie, 10 April 2012 - 06:53 PM.

• Ryn, Pong Messiah and Frexspar +1 this

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,417 posts
I've watched that trailer way too many times and still get excited over it
  • Ryn +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,422 posts
That

was

****ing

awesome!

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,417 posts
Blu-rays and DVD boxset out next week.

If you can get the Blu-ray. The extra features will blow your mind.

Boba Sweat

Boba Sweat

Get These Hummed

• Members
  • 10,490 posts
perfect timing

i finished dance with dragons the other day

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,417 posts
http://insidetv.ew.c...s-seven-devils/

And another
  • Ryn and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Jedi Jami

Jedi Jami

YOU were ok, WE were kick ass!

• Members
  • 8,890 posts
I hadn't seen that second one yet. Holy **** I can't wait!

Jedi Jami

Jedi Jami

YOU were ok, WE were kick ass!

• Members
  • 8,890 posts
There's another new trailer but I don't know how to put it here. Sorry. I found it at Winter is Coming.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,761 posts
There's a whole series of videos on the official Youtube channel: a set of 40 or so second videos for different houses, and a handful of 2-3 minute videos focus on specific characters (Stannis, Renly, Robb, Joffrey, maybe a couple others I'm forgetting).

At this point, I don't even need to see any more footage to get hyped. I just want it to be the 1st already.
  • Ryn +1 this

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,417 posts
I wish it were this weekend. I am literally at the end of my tether waiting, and I know what will happen!

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,422 posts
That 22-minute one was fantastic!

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,525 posts
I haven't seen any of the trailers because I want to be surprised....but I've been looking for a "summary" video to recap the entire season one. I've just started Breaking Bad and can't watch ther entire Game of Thrones season 1 again. Anybody find one?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,417 posts

22 minute recap of Season 1 but it does have Season 2 clips mingled in with it in places. Nothing massively spoilery though, just clips that will make you get a shiver down your spine
  • Ryn +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,525 posts
Thanks mate!

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,422 posts
Two from Wired:

Maps Help Game of Thrones Fans Stay on Track (more of a tidbit on the opening graphics.)

7 Burning Questions About Game of Thrones’ Second Season

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,525 posts
Posted Image

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,761 posts
Can't ****ing wait.

Frexspar

Frexspar

• Members
  • 809 posts
8 more hours...

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• Moderators
  • 16,804 posts
I love the comments in the You Win or You Die about CGI and how location filming "Does a lot of the work for you."

Can't wait for tonight.

The Choc

The Choc

• Members
  • 6,407 posts
Solid opener, so much going on it must be hard for non book readers to really follow. Interested to see where the storyline involving Littlefinger being tasked with finding Arya goes.

Frexspar

Frexspar

• Members
  • 809 posts
Loved it. Can't believe they are going to fit this book into 10 episodes.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,761 posts
I read a chat with the story editor for the show, he said they're not really planning on holding it to one book = one season. They're more concerned with chronology and telling the story right than making it neat and tidy with the books.
  • Ryn, Pong Messiah and Frexspar +1 this

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts

Solid opener, so much going on it must be hard for non book readers to really follow. Interested to see where the storyline involving Littlefinger being tasked with finding Arya goes.

I got the just of it, granted I probably missed alot of references that I would have gotten had I read the books, but I was able to follow it.

The very first episode of season 1 was hard for me to follow the first time I watched it. Infact i think Krawlie had to explain some things to me for me to get what was going on.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,422 posts
That was a great start. It hit all the beats of the existing multiple storylines while effortlessly introducing the new ones.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,200 posts

Solid opener, so much going on it must be hard for non book readers to really follow.

I had no problem following things. They are juggling a lot of balls, though. Be interesting to see if they can keep them all in the air.

I am curious about one thing that I wonder if it was addressed in the book. It doesn't matter, really, just morbid curiosity on my part. Who the Hell would have had the guts to tell the insane boy king this "rumor" about his real parentage? The insane boy king seems like the type to kill the messenger, you know what I mean? So who rolls up to him all like "Tee hee, guess what I just heard about you? Tee hee, tee hee, LOL." Who does that? Okay, they wouldn't be giggling but when you give news like that, your tone of voice and expression had better be perfect or he'll overreact. He might anyway. And it had to be someone telling him, because that's the only way you got information back then. Unless it was a raven or something from some mofo safely 1,000 miles away.

Reply to this topic