Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Atomic Robo animated!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

NumberSix

NumberSix

Time starts NOW.

• Members
  • 29,293 posts
In past threads about Free Comic Book Day and what I'm collecting in general, I've tried to insert the occasional mention of Atomic Robo, one of the best comics you're not reading. It's basically a series of humorous action science adventure miniseries (having just finished their sixth arc last week, Atomic Robo and the Ghost of Station X) whose hero resembles either a shrunken Iron Giant or a triple-sized version of Ratchet's pal Clank. Fun stuff for mostly all ages, available both in trades and in digital form online for iPhones and such. Each trade is a self-contained arc, other arcs not mandatory for understanding.

Their next two missions: yet another one-shot for this year's Free Comic Book Day (where I first discovered him)...and an animated short!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fZrKE2MT0o

I'm annoyed that the trailer contains no dialogue, because a huge part of the series' charm is writer Brian Clevenger's imaginative wit, not just robots stomping and EXPLOSIONS, though there're some of those as well, courtesy of artist Scott Wegener, whose style bears the influence of Michael Avon Oeming and either of the two guys who've drawn Invincible.

The short is expected early next year. The other day, the animation studio launched a Kickstarter campaign to obtain the funding they need for completion. They hit their goal less than a day after it started, but are still accepting donations for the next 40-odd days and offering sweet, sweet prizes to donors, including autographed trades, animation cels, buttons, paper dolls, and such.

Please give them large sums of cash, or just spend small sums of cash on the iPhone version so that more Atomic Robo can be made for me. Thank you.
  • Ryn +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,514 posts
I have liked all of the free Atomic Robo they've released. I really should buy some. Anyway, I am interested in an animated short/series/feature etc.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,703 posts
Fun fact: Kickstarter's raised more money for the arts than the NEA. (source)

Thinking about it, The Dude should maybe try that to get Nexus off the ground... Something more than just the teaser clip.
  • NumberSix +1 this

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,386 posts
I ****ing love Atomic Robo. This needs to be a full-length feature.
  • Ryn +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,514 posts

Fun fact: Kickstarter's raised more money for the arts than the NEA. (source)

Power to/of the People! :thumbsup: