Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WWe week of 2/27/12

16 replies to this topic

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
We get even closer to this years Wrestlemania. Anyone else excited to see more of the Jerico Punk feud?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

trained in gorilla warfare

• Supporters
  • 31,844 posts
After the last few weeks, I'm pretty excited for a full blown Punk/Bryan feud with long PPV matches.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,844 posts
Not gonna lie... Cena's promo last week was better than Rock's this week.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,154 posts
When Cena called Rock on his 'tattoo' I thought Rock was genuinally gonna throw down.

So far they're giving Rock lots of time which makes him seem repetitive where Cena can be quick, blunt and straight to the point which is making Cena look stronger.

Liking Cena on the mic just now but still hating the ring work, everybody has signature moves but having the exact same moveset in order every match just kills me: Shoulder block, shoulder block, duck punch, back drop, 'you can't see me', five knuckle shuffle, attitude adjustment, stf. Yawn.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,116 posts
How bout the Jericho/Punk promo? I thought it was briliant, they stripped all the other crap off and just made it about being the best. This Mania has a chance to be the best. I'm excited.
  • Reality +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,844 posts
Yeah, it figures WM is looking awesome the year I decide not to go, after three years of attending...

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,547 posts

Yeah, it figures WM is looking awesome the year I decide not to go, after three years of attending...

Why not go?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,844 posts
Well it's too late now. But I decided in the middle of the year last year that I was gonna save the money for other things, which looks like a great decision now since we just started wedding planning. Plus, I hated Florida when I was there last year.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts

When Cena called Rock on his 'tattoo' I thought Rock was genuinally gonna throw down.

So far they're giving Rock lots of time which makes him seem repetitive where Cena can be quick, blunt and straight to the point which is making Cena look stronger.

Liking Cena on the mic just now but still hating the ring work, everybody has signature moves but having the exact same moveset in order every match just kills me: Shoulder block, shoulder block, duck punch, back drop, 'you can't see me', five knuckle shuffle, attitude adjustment, stf. Yawn.

Edge used to bring wrestling out of Cena, perhaps Rock will also?

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,154 posts
I can only hope. I call the moves as they happen every single time. I just wish someone was clever enough to break up the momentum of it in a match, like when Christian remembered how he lost to Orton before and stopped himself attempting the same move again. That's clever match booking.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,844 posts
That's always up to the wrestlers themselves and whichever agent is assigned to the match.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,154 posts
That's why I said I wish someone would go the clever route of changing it up or catching on to Cenas usual moveset and not falling for it. Booker or opponent.

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,016 posts
Cena is from the same mold as Rock. Back in the day, you could clothes your eyes in a Rock match, and call the moves in order. People are just blinded the charisma and catch phrases.

I'd say the majority of today's wrestling is like that.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,844 posts
I really wish the internet didn't have wrestling.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• Moderators
  • 27,174 posts
Rock came from a wrestling family and has always had good basic skills. He had the punches, his DDT, spinebuster, Peoples Elbow, and (sometimes, not always) the Rock Bottom. It didn't seem cliche when he did it, but maybe that's because I didn't criticize him as sharply as I do Cena.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,154 posts
I'm not talking same moves every single wrestler has signature moves. Cena does his signature moves in the exact same pattern every match, the only move not in that pattern is his top rope fame-asser.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts

Cena is from the same mold as Rock. Back in the day, you could clothes your eyes in a Rock match, and call the moves in order. People are just blinded the charisma and catch phrases.

I'd say the majority of today's wrestling is like that.

While I don't remember Rock's full moveset, I wouldn't be suprised, Hogan was the same way. The difference is at least with Rock, most around here loved (and most still do love) him, So it wasn't as noticable.

Most around here don't like Cena's character, so it's easier for them to see the flaws. If everyone here was part of Cenation, the repedative nature of his matches wouldn't bother anyone.

Reply to this topic