Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The ultimate MITB Winner MITB Match

7 replies to this topic

Poll: The ultimate MITB Winner MITB Match (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins the ultimate Money in the Bank match?

1. Jack Swagger (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Mr Kennedy (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Edge (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Kane (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Miz (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Alberto Del Rio (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Daniel Bryan (0 votes [0.00%])

8. RVD (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

9. CM Punk (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
In the spirt of my old two games, the king of kings and king of Royal Rumble, I figured I'd do one for the past MITB winners. This will only go on for about a week or two. And it's a simple game. Basicly you vote for who you think would win if all 9 winners of MITB were in one match. Assume of course, the wrestlers are how they were when they won the match (or Matches in the case of Punk).

Also, since I always give an advantage to multiple winners, if CM Punk is involved in a tie for first place, because he won more then one of these matches, he'll autowin. (Since I thought it silly to make a poll of everyone else first, then a poll of the winner vs him).

Would have done the other two, but only Sheamus own king of the ring since I last did it, and for the rumble game I try to weight every 3-4 years since otherwise It's the same thing with one or two more guys.

Anyway, vote away!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• Moderators
  • 27,174 posts
Part of me wanted to biasly vote for my former favorite Edge, who of course beat Mr. Kennedy for his briefcase and cashed it in one night later (which technically made him the first to cash in twice, just without having won it twice), but ultimately Edge would want a guy like Bryan, Miz, or Punk to go over if this match were to go down right now.

Given the way things are now, your finale would probably involve Ege/Punk/Bryan. In the end, Punk would most likely win out. Bryan could possibly take it, with the concentrative efforts of the two faces Edge and Punk cancelling each other out as they all three go for it at the top of a couple of ladders in the center of the ring. If Bryan could push their ladder(s) over and clinch it, that would work. I could easily see Edge knocking Bryan down and out though, and then bowing out to put Punk over by taking one of Punks kicks to the head.

It would be some entertaining **** when you factor in RVD providing his usual spots with those three guys.

Miz, Del Rio, Swagger, Kennedy, and Kane would most likely be around to cushion said high spots and provide some drama in the match, but I wouldn't see any of them as a real threat to win in the more elite company of Edge and Punk.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
Yea Edge cashed twice first, but since he only won the match once, I didn't give him the advantage. If this was a best Cash in thread, he'd count as twice of course.

And I agree, Edge Bryan and Punk are the three main guys, but personally I think Miz could give them a run for their money. Also agreed on RVD. But I've always been a fan of the guy.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
Unless you guys would rather a second poll assuming Punk winds up tied for first.

It's really up to you guys, with all my games I try to give multiple winners a slight advantage in the game (nothing to extreme of course).

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,154 posts
Voted RVD because he had the best cash in I've ever seen. And is still the only person to cash it in fair and square.

Although yet again Cena couldn't even lose clean in RVDs home crowd, they booked Edge to cost him the match. Ugh.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• Moderators
  • 27,174 posts
You make a good point, but I would argue that the following turn of events that would lead to him carelessly being suspended and stripped of both of his titles did far more damage to his rep thab the MitB win and non-impromptu cash-in did good. I love RVD and he was always my favorite wrestler there for a while before Edge rose to stardom and before HBK began wrestling a lot again, but if this match happened today you would want to use RVD to help put over whichever wrestler has the most to gain going forward after the match. In this case, its probably Punk. If they took Swagger more seriously, he could use a win like this...but WWE has proven with both he and Miz, or they have proven to WWE (however you'd like to spin it), that protecting them and pushing them never leads to to any substantial foothold on a top position. That's very unfortunate, but it is what it is. So again, Punk stands to gain the most and is currently in the best position to win.

Dr. Destructo

Dr. Destructo

King of Mass!

• Members
  • 1,106 posts
I would also like to argue that the mitb matches are catered best for heels, IMO. A face win and cashing in as a face has no interest for me. What they did with D Bryan (as Booka would say) by wining as face and turning heel was an awesome decision. I bet WWE was on the fence with D Bryan and wasn't sure of the directions so, letting him win mitb and waiting for the right opportunity was great.... Starting to dig his character... But, as per Edge, he's hands down top winner for me.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
Well It looks like Edge would be our winner!

Reply to this topic