Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy XIII-2

11 replies to this topic

Boba Sweat

Boba Sweat

Get These Hummed

• Members
  • 10,490 posts
Anyone picked this up yet?

mine arrived this morning (along with my star trek tng bluray... clash/rage!!)

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,392 posts
I picked it up. We'll see how it goes. I'm a couple hours in right now and it's already doing way better than X-2.

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,966 posts
That says almost nothing. X-2 was pretty bad. Girl power!

I'll pick up XIII-2 after I finish XIII. >>

Boba Sweat

Boba Sweat

Get These Hummed

• Members
  • 10,490 posts
opening 20 mins is proof that japs are mental

WTF

not a fan of the god of war type button mashing either

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,392 posts
The historia crux has kind of a Chrono Trigger feel to it, if you ask me. I'm not making comparisons to the two games mind you. Just the time travelling element. I'm enjoying it so far, for the most part. I liked XIII though, if that has anything to do with it.

I'm having fun right now collecting monster pals and giving them hilarious names. My kitty cat healer is name Casanova. lol

Boba Sweat

Boba Sweat

Get These Hummed

• Members
  • 10,490 posts
i'm about 13 or so hours in..... getting to the point where it's silly

"go to another time and look for an artefact"

aye cheers, there are only about 25 other times to choose from......

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,392 posts
Yeah it gets a bit repetative. and I noticed that, despite the choices they give you, the games narrative ignores them. Like, for example early on if you skip ahead and go see Snow first in the Waterscape, and then come BACK to another time that you were supposed to go to before, they say things like ' oh man, where is Snow!" So it's not like Mass Effect where it will remember, so thats kinda lame.

But despite some truely odd departures from the norm, some of the music tracks are actually really nice.

Oh, and I liked Moogles a lot better when they didn't sound like a little girl.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I'm about 8 hours into it. Its basically exactly what I expected based on X-2, lots of battles and missions but very light on plot or interesting characters. The two lead characters are fairly bland but Noel is at least fairly likeable. I'm not that far into it but as you guys say the time travelling is becoming a bit repetitive now. The battle system is basically the same as XIII which was quite a good one, although it sometimes feels a bit too autopilotish to me. I like the addition of the pet/monster that joins your party, I managed to capture a Pulsework Knight early on and maxed it out quickly which makes an amazing Sentinal. Leveling up your characters and monsters is fun too.

Its probably better than XIII at this point, its more open and not relentlessly linear, but the plot is very forgettable so far and I think I prefered Lightning as a main character. I don't know if its better than X-2 since that had the best job system ever.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Finished it! Good game in the end, makes up for the dissapointment of XIII, fixes a lot of the problems I had with it although the story wasn't that amazing and I would have prefered more than 2 characters in your party. Final boss was pretty tricky, took ages.

The ending though....grumble! I shouldn't have to purchase DLC to find out things end.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts
Easy game, platinum'd it in a little over two weeks. It was pretty good. Great addition to FF13.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I platinum'd it yesterday, wasn't difficult just a little time consuming. Definately better than XIII, ranking it in the FF series I'd put it somewhere in the middle, but the top half.

Lord Sane

Lord Sane

• Members
  • 445 posts

I picked it up. We'll see how it goes. I'm a couple hours in right now and it's already doing way better than X-2.

Hey X-2 was pretty good. Short but good. Did not like the hot spring sequence? it was worth a couple strokes

Reply to this topic