Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MLB Post Season.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
We're not much into baseball here at nightly but I know there are a few here. Anyone got predictions for the World Series?

PS. Let's go Rangers!

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
milwaukee v detroit would be fun and would really screw espn over haha

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
HA!

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 18,534 posts
**** Detroit. They have no business being in the playoffs, still.

Give me Brewers - Rangers, please.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,636 posts
Darth Wicket and Nomaa Jedi Piarra usually contributed heavily to baseball talk around these parts, but they've disappeared into the abyss.

Rooting for the Tigers and Brewers.

Actively rooting against the Cardinals.

Lukewarm toward the Rangers.

the skiff guard

the skiff guard

Cubits?

• Members
  • 9,477 posts
I have a strong feeling that the Rangers will win it all.

i think it will be Rangers vs Brewers. Rangers in 6

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• Supporters
  • 7,757 posts
Am I the only one that thinks baseball season is wayyyyyyy too long? By the time the World Series rolls around I'm like "**** it, I could care less who wins."

The Choc

The Choc

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
Baseball season is actually shorter than NBA or NHL seasons. Baseball season is nearly exactly 7 months long, the NBA is nearly 8 months long.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• Supporters
  • 7,757 posts
I think the NBA season is too long as well. NFL season is a good length of time. All sports should stick to that time frame.

The Choc

The Choc

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
This is probably going to come off douchey but here is the thing. Being an NFL fan is easy. It only takes a day or 2 a week to watch, To watch every single game of your favorite team only takes 16 Sunday afternoons. It doesn't take sacrifice. I love watching baseball, but are there games in May where the Yanks are playing the Royals that Id possible skip but dont? Sure. Thats not to say I don't miss ANY games. Im not going to miss a big event or something really good to watch a regular season game.

It just takes commitment to be a good baseball fan. Certainly you can be a "fan" and watch your team a couple days a week and in the playoffs. But to be a real fan, a good fan in baseball takes commitment.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,636 posts
That's part of the reason I'm not a baseball fan, by true definition. Of course, the biggest part of that is I wasn't raised to be one because Indianapolis doesn't have a team of it's own. I like the Reds and both Chicago teams, I like the Red Sox (bandwagon!), but to call myself a "fan" of any of those teams is insulting to the people who actually are.

I follow baseball very consistently, I like the sport and love going to the ballpark. But I'm not a diehard for anybody.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
I dunno. I think football is more physical as well, so I think the play-time plus practice time equals out to baseball. To me baseball players exercise and stuff but what do they really need to do to get prepared for a game? Take batting practice? So to me the play-time is pretty fair for baseball. Plus I like listening to the games. I put it on the radio and listen while I grade or do house cleaning or I'm driving long distances. The pacing of the games takes longer in baseball. This is why I think some people don't get into it as much as the other sports. This maybe why I hate the new review play bull that the NFL has.

The Choc

The Choc

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
Pacing in baseball can be an issue,but its a double edged sword. The 5 minutes at bat with no one on in the third inning of a game in May is a huge problem. Yet the 5 minute at bat in a playoff game in a 1 run game with 2 on in the 8th inning is dripping with tension and drama unlike anything else in sports.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

trained in gorilla warfare

• Supporters
  • 31,972 posts
The Rangers and the Cardinals. Could this possibly be even more boring? I mean, I guess I'll root for the Rangers since they haven't won a World Series, but come on man. At least it's not the Yankees for the 78499th time, at least. Would've loved to see the Brewers make it though.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
Yeah. I was rooting for the Brewers as well.

tebowsexual

tebowsexual

• Members
  • 260 posts

The Rangers and the Cardinals. Could this possibly be even more boring?

Boring if you don't like high scoring games :)
Both teams got here through their hitting and I expect this series to be nothing but runs, runs,.... and runs.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
I still wish it'd been the brewers.

Cards take the first game. UGH.

tebowsexual

tebowsexual

• Members
  • 260 posts

Both teams got here through their hitting and I expect this series to be nothing but runs, runs,.... and runs.

Don't think I could have been any more wrong so far. :/

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
Let's go Rangers!

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 18,534 posts

Don't think I could have been any more wrong so far. :/

I was going to say...

groove terminator

groove terminator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
albert pujols
wow

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
I am not a fan of Pujols. Nope.

groove terminator

groove terminator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
i wonder why lol
that blown call was brutal for the rangers though

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
I don't think it would make a difference. The Rangers were shellacked.

Tonight should be different. Let's go Rangers.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• Members
  • 13,730 posts
aw. Holland got pulled. It woulda been nice to have a shut out.