Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Supernatural Season 7

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
It's back, baby! Anybody else still in? Do you think Sam, Dean, and Bobby will KNEEL BEFORE CAS? Do you think this is the last season? Since Misha is no longer a series regular who do you think the Big Bad will be this season?

My answers are yes, yes, and Death. Death is the only character in the history of the series that Dean is actually pantscrappingly afraid of, as has been clear in their two episodes together.

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,281 posts
I'm still in! This is one of my favorite shows and I really enjoyed the previous season. Can't wait til tonight to find out what's going to happen. I'm kind of thinking this will be the last season, but this is the CW so who knows what they'll decide.

Nixie

Nixie

showing all my haters love

• Members
  • 2,162 posts
fool, you started predicting the end of smallville after year 6! this show better last as long as that one did.

im still in obviously

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,281 posts
I just have to say, I can't believe the show is on another hiatus. WTF is up with the CW! It feels like this season is spinning it's wheels with all this stops and starts. Two new episodes and then three weeks of reruns. It's getting ****ing annoying. All the momentum is being lost.

Sorry just had to rant a little.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
I kinda liked the Lost and 24 model, just wait until January and run the **** straight through to May. Only problem is what you show from September through December. FOX solved that with their heavy reality show rotation.

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,281 posts
That would be good or just split the season in half and have one long break in the middle, instead of all these little ones every few weeks.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
I'm late, and won't read above for spoilers. I skipped this show early on given that it's premise didn't seem that original. I remember liking the pilot just based on the tone and interaction between Sam and Dean. but it was never must see TV for me.

Netflix streaming has seasons 1-6 available and I can't get enough! I love this show.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
Which season are you currently in?

Supernatural is the only series I've ever watched in which each season was better than the last. Usually for me series hit a high mark somewhere and then start to slide a bit.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Midway through Season 3.

I think what I like about this compared to other monster hunter shows is that they have a perfect balance between being genuinely creepy at telling horror stories and showing a lot of love between the brothers who actually change and evolve as the story goes on.

Plus, they know exactly when to relieve the weight of everything with humor. I had this feeling when I started watching, and read an interview with Kripke later that confirmed it-- but if we'd ever seen a long form Star wars story between ANH and ESB the relationship of Luke and Han would be akin to what Sam and Dean are like. The innocence and the swagger and how they effect each other.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,614 posts
Oo, that last bit's a good sell.

I never really bothered to try the show out.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Ghostfacers was one of the funniest hours of TV ever.

Spruce: is it cancer?
Dean: shaddup

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
Feed me, Seymour! I wish to live vicariously through your first time viewing experience of this series!

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,325 posts
Ghostfacers was AH-mazing. I have to agree.

I'm almost through Season 6. I think the show has lost some of its luster after the Season 5 finale, but it hasn't been enough to make me drop it.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Yeah, the angel/demon stuff is a bit of a departure from hunting ghosts and monsters that I'm kinda bummed about, but it's not hindering my love of the show.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
One of my favorite things about this show is such a small aspect but it always cracks me up. The boys have the drop on a demon and the demon is all scared he's about to get sent back to Hell so the demon is begging and pleading and trying to do a deal and all scared and ****. But something happens, Dean can't remember the incantation or Sam doesn't have enough juice to suck them out or whatever. The VERY SECOND, indeed the very nanosecond that something goes wrong, the demon starts grinning and talking ****. I mean, like the absolute second something goes wrong, they switch straight into trash talking mode. It's happened more than once and it never fails to crack me up. It's such an aspect of their personality that the writers have kept consistent and it's hilarious. Demons are the epitome of bandwagon jumpers. LMFAO

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
I've noticed that! I just wish that all the different actors who've played demons of the same name took more care to be consistant.

All the guys that played Alistair seemed consistant with each other, but new Ruby and old Ruby don't seem like the same person at all.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
Agreed. There's another one of these coming up soon for you who did better, I think.

But as for Alistair, Chris Hemythodl or whatever his name is who took over for the other guy is such an incredible actor I'm not surprised he did his homework. He's a guy who on two different SF TV series has pulled off playing a character in heavy makeup WHO'S IN A SCENE with another character without makeup that he plays and you'd never know they were the same actor if you didn't listen to the commentaries. Dude's a rock star.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
The Supernatural convention... ohhhhhhemgee

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
LMFAO

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
What's funny is I heard about that episode years ago and thought it would be bad-- a total shark jumping moment like when Stephen King added himself to the Dark Tower series....

But it worked so well...

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
There have been at least four times I've heard about an episode of Supernatural that I had the same reaction to ... and they nailed that **** every time. EVERY time. The writers are amazing.
  • Iceman +1 this

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,281 posts
The convention episode was great! Also, I'm not a big fan of "Groundhog Day" type episodes, but Mystery Spot is pure awesomeness! They really surprised me with that one and the use of Heat of the Moment by Asia was perfect. Anytime I hear that song now I think of the show.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,293 posts
That's one of my fave eps!

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Yeah there's a lot of times I read an episode synopsis abd think it will be a so so one off, but they never are.

Every episode has legit scares, legit laughs, and advances the greater plot. Not many shows manage that.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,325 posts
Wait until you get to The French Mistake in Season 6. That's also a good shark jumping episode that I thought they pulled off very well.