Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ThunderCats

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,609 posts
That sucks. This is the only cartoon I've watched in years (besides South Park and I don't even consider that a cartoon for some strange reason) and I'm having a great time with it.

BENGALI WOULD HAVE SAVED THIS SHOW. Just sayin.
  • Ryn +1 this

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
Lion-O learns that technology isn't evil. Pretty average episode. Some cool stuff, but not one of my favorites. Sad to see what happened to the Thundertank. :(

A little bit of good news concerning the series. Dan Norton (the Art Director for the show) recently did a podcast and said the show is on hiatus and he's hopeful it will continue. No one has said that it is over to him, so maybe will get a second season afterall.

http://www.thunderca...ast-episode-19/

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
Vultureman! The Feliner! Cloud City!! Really great episode. I especially liked how arrogant Vultureman was. Perfectly smug voice for him too. Nice to see some teamwork between Lion-O and Tygra when they rescued Panthro. You can see they're starting to get along much much better. The race between Tygra and Vultureman through the sky and rings was really fun. Also, great at how feisty Pumyra is and her just doing what she pleases.

Next weeks episode is the last. I really hope there is a second season.
  • Rock and Ryn +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,609 posts
I really enjoyed this past one. I yelled out VULTUREMAN! But then they changed his mind name.

Damn, they took liberty with Pumyria's character. Nothing like the old show. She's so reckless - love it. I also liked the Tygra/Lion-o working together.

Edited by Rock, 14 June 2012 - 07:18 AM.

• Ryn and Iceman +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,609 posts
So we have one more left? Any official word of a season renewal? I wonder how this uncertainty shapes this potentially series ending episode?

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
No official word yet, but one of the voice actor's girlfriends started a petition to save the show. That's probably not a good sign and I'm not sure if those things ever really help, but here's the link to it. http://www.change.or...-another-season

From what I remember reading about the series, the producers wanted at least two seasons to tell the story. If this is it, we'll probably be left with a lot of unresolved plot points.

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
What an awesome season (hopefully, not series) finale! Great action and some surprising twists. "Rankinbass!!" :D The final scene was really nice and emotional.

This can't be the end! Like I said above, there's still so much story left to tell.
  • Ryn +1 this

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
An article about why Thundercats is probably over.

http://purenerdnip.c...he-thundercats/

'' Basically the show was the victim of “Wrong time, wrong time”. Cartoon Network (For some strangly unknown reason) thought it would be a good idea to air the show on Friday nights at 8:30. A lot of the fans of the show are adults who grew up with it in the 80’s, but what adult in their late 20′s is home on a Friday night? With that, the kids that are in the target age range for the show, are also not watching T.V. at 9 o’clock at night for many apparent reasons. This lead into a chain reaction, involving the toy sales, which pretty much fuels the animation industry. The adults aren’t buying toys, because, I mean, they are adults, and the kids weren’t buying the toys because they were unaware of the show. Now through all of this, the show was actually getting pretty good ratings considering the unfortunate time slot. And the toys were doing ok, but not good enough. In response to the low toy sales, the retailers and Bandai pulled the toys from the shelf. This happened at almost exactly the same time as when the show got moved to Saturday mornings. After the showed switched time slots to the more obviously appropriate time and day, the ratings soared! But guess what, there are no more toys on the shelf. From there, well, you know what happened next.
So a well written and well received show is ultimately getting canceled because of poor timing and lacking toy sales.''

I disagree with the part about adults not buying toys. Bandai put out an awful toyline. I bought one of the 4" figures and the quality really sucks. It's a shame that the show's future was so tied into that toyline.

The rest is pretty spot on. :(

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,687 posts
With that article, what apparent stupidity on the part of the network. And, like Iceman points out, there was a definite disconnect between putting together a quality show and coordinating that with a quality toyline.

That said, these past two episodes were fun and I can't hide my enjoyment watching the Kittens' adventures. Like last season's finale, this one gave me another out-load "Oh ****!" moment (did he really say "Come, my beloved"?) and the wrap-up was nice. If anything, there has to be enough for at least a three-episode arc to wrap this all up.
  • Iceman +1 this

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
^That would be nice or maybe a direct-to-dvd movie.

Like last season's finale, this one gave me another out-load "Oh ****!" moment (did he really say "Come, my beloved"?)

I think that was the most shocking moment of all, that a chick would actually be into Mumm-Ra. I really don't want to think about it, but can you imagine what was going on between the two of them...talk about crotch rot. He must have used one hell of a spell on her.
  • Ryn +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,687 posts
LOL

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,609 posts
Just watched it - what a great season ending! I'm gonna miss the show if this is the end.

Loved the Pumyria twist! Love the kittens coming to the rescue with the calvary! Love the power-stones coming to Lion-O's aid! Love the air-combat scenes! And something small, but cool for me - seeing Slythe, Monkeyman, Jackleman and Vultureman standing together!

I hope that wasn't the end.
  • Ryn and Iceman +1 this

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
I think the best thing about this finale was it tied into almost all the previous episodes. Even the ones that seemed like filler at first had a purpose. All those species Lion-O encountered throughout the series come back which was great to see and the episode with the Kittens and the Forever Bag makes a big showing here. I'd forgotten they had it with them and it was a really cool moment when they used it.
  • Rock +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,687 posts
Rock, you left out "Yay! Panthro-arms!"
  • Rock +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,609 posts
GOD< I HATE PANTHRO ARMS.

Absolutely, Icedude. Loved how it all came together, which makes me think that they COULD walk away from the series with a clear conscious.

How much does it cost to make a series like this? I mean, you have to draw and animate the toons and then do voice overs....but there are no outrageous actor's salaries to pay or any sets to build or any of the thousands of expenses a *real* show has. I would kill to know, because if the ratings are good despite the lack of friggin toys, then why wouldn't they still crank out episodes? It's not like CN has an assload of outstanding content waiting to fill up Thundercat's time slot, is there?

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
Still no official word on the fate of the show, but I did find this site that's sure to help get some attention for the series...

http://savethundercats.tumblr.com/

Posted Image

:drool:

Everybody's doing their part to get the word out. :D
  • Ryn +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,609 posts
My name is Rock Ledoux and I approve of this message. Good god, do I approve of this message.
  • Ryn +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,687 posts
One of the voice actors, Matthew Mercer, will be at one of the Cartoon Voices panels at SDCC. I'm sure its status will be brought up. Hopefully he can offer up some good news.

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
And the official word is...

]

Maybe another season? Ugh. Well, at least he didn't say the C word.