Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ThunderCats

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
Posted Image

This morning we received a FedEx package with a large poster enclosed ... and I almost wet myself. Too much information? Well, after reading the following press release from Warner Brothers Studios - I think that you may have the same reaction.

Posted Image

(June 3, 2010 – Burbank, CA) – Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has begun production on “ThunderCats,” an all-new animated series for Cartoon Network, based upon the iconic 1980s action classic. “ThunderCats” is the newest series from WBA, joining “Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” which was recently renewed for a third season, and the following forthcoming programs: “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice.” The announcement was made today by Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs, Warner Bros. Animation.

“In addition to being Warner Bros. Animation’s first anime series, ‘ThunderCats’ marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy,” said Register. “The realism and dynamic visual style we’ve achieved are sure to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should help the show appeal to a diverse audience.”

The 21st century reimagining of the series marks a creative collaboration between WBA and Studio4°C, one of the most vibrant animation studios in Japan, with credits including “The Animatrix,” “Gotham Knights” and “Halo Legends.” WBA is working closely with Studio4°C, utilizing the latter’s expertise to give the “ThunderCats” characters a new cutting-edge look while remaining true to the compelling storylines and mythology of the original series.

“We at Studio4°C are excited to be in this creative partnership with Warner Bros. Animation to bring ‘ThunderCats’ to life,” said Eiko Tanaka, President and CEO, Studio4°C. “This collaboration combines the strengths of our two companies – high production values and great storytelling – toward reintroducing this classic fan-favorite to a new audience.”

Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, “ThunderCats” characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.

The new “ThunderCats” will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.

“ThunderCats” is executive produced by Sam Register (“Teen Titans,” “Ben 10,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold”). Michael Jelenic (“Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “Wonder Woman”) and Ethan Spaulding (“Avatar: The Last Airbender”) are the producers.

CraveOnline.com

General Kenobi

General Kenobi

Crazy Old Wizard

• Members
  • 4,199 posts
I just touched myself.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,562 posts
Awesomesauce! Thanks for posting the news, Obi!

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
About friggin' time. This has the potential to be really awesome. Now, if we could just get a proper Masters of the Universe movie.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Furries of the world rejoice!

Pharoah JZA

Pharoah JZA

The Bomb

• Members
  • 17,792 posts
I love the Thundercats. This looks bad ass!

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
Snarf Snarf

Durty D

Durty D

ol' durty driscoll

• Members
  • 5,851 posts
Hmmmn sound interesting - wonder if it'll be "wacky" like Teen Titans and Batman B&B or more mythic like Avatar/

Also, what's that red scrawl underneath the top Thundercats logo?

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Hmmmn sound interesting - wonder if it'll be "wacky" like Teen Titans and Batman B&B or more mythic like Avatar/

Also, what's that red scrawl underneath the top Thundercats logo?

I saw the full poster at another site. It just said 2011.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,626 posts

About friggin' time. This has the potential to be really awesome. Now, if we could just get a proper Masters of the Universe movie.

WE ALREADY HAD ONE. It rocked.

YES! This is great news. I was totally turned off about the idea of the live action movie but this sounds pretty much delicious. I hope they stay close to the original story and personalities of the characters.

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
Larry Kenney is supposedly doing the voice for Claudus. I guess Lion-O will have a new guy voicing him. That'll be somewhat strange. One thing I always loved about Thundercats were the voice actors. They were really good at making up interesting voices for each character. Although early on Lynn Lipton voiced all the female parts which was really pretty obvious. Not any fault of hers, but they should have brought in another female voice actor sooner than what they did.

Edited by Iceman, 04 June 2010 - 01:01 AM.

SpaceCase

SpaceCase

• Members
  • 108 posts
This is so awesome! I'm usually not an anime fan, but I absolutely loved Thundercats!! Can't wait for this one! :D

Guest_The Variable_*

Guest_The Variable_*
  • Guests
is that actual art? it looks pretty good

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,626 posts
I just downloaded all 130 episodes from the original TC. Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,134 posts
Do you mind sharing these Rock? PM...How about a draft pick for Thundercats?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,626 posts
LOL. I'll give you a torrent for your 14th round draft pick.

http://isohunt.com/d...dercats.torrent

If that doesn't work, PM me your home address and I'll burn them for ya.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,562 posts
Of course another mind blowing option is to buy them...

http://www.amazon.co...2/dp/B000ICM5US

Also Fancast has a few episodes up for free streaming...

http://www.fancast.c...5/full-episodes

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,626 posts

Of course another mind blowing option is to buy them...

http://www.amazon.co...2/dp/B000ICM5US

Thundercats: The Complete Seasons 1 and 2
Available from these sellers.
9 new from $106.96 3 used from $100.00

Good god, man.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

TacocaT

• Members
  • 5,373 posts

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,562 posts
Uhhh... Lame and with some eww. Bad Furries.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• Supporter/Mods
  • 16,659 posts

is that actual art? it looks pretty good

That's what I was thinking. If it looks like this, I'll definitely give it a shot! :thumbsup:

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
Posted Image

SHH.com

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• Admin
  • 38,626 posts
Panthro looks bad ass. Tigra and Lion-O look like thunder kittens.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• Supporter/Mods
  • 16,659 posts
Well, that makes a bit of sense for Lion-O, I'd say. To me, Tigra doesn't look as young as Lion-O, either. Young adult, instead of a teenager, which isn't too bad. Plus, Cheetara's got a nice rack, so you know, it's got that going for it... :shrug:

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,284 posts
I'm kind of liking the new look. From what I've read online, Lion-O and Tygra are supposed to be brothers and Snarf won't be talking. I guess he'll be more like a pet.

I'll definitley check it out. The original was a huge part of my childhood.