Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Season 6, Episode 14: The Candidate

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,339 posts
I think Jack was right and that bomb wouldn't have done anything if they didn't mess with it.

But damn. what to say...

I'm glad they reverted back to Vintage Sayid for a little while to give him his swan song, and he got a really awesome death scene! But very sad to see him go. But Jacks line to Hurley was way awesome. "There IS no Sayid!"

Sun and Jin was pretty sad for me. But it answered a few things from last week.. like.. I'm glad, in the end, he spoke to her in Korean. that was a gripe a few of us had after the last episode when they came back.. and now I can see that they were just saving it for this moment.

And poor Frank. He went out like a punk! he got knocked out and everybody just plain forgot to get him! hahaha. I wasn't sure he was dead at first, but since nobody dragged him up, he was gone. I knew the second that the plane was out of the picture he was in trouble.

But 4 major deaths, 3 of them super major all in one episode. Jebus!!

Wambli Olowan

Wambli Olowan

• Members
  • 438 posts
No, I agree, Sun and Jin's death was no where near as moving as Charlie's, but it reminded me of Charlie's drowning, but Des survived.

Can someone remind me of why Jack was on the sub, if he was not planning on leaving the island?

I also think the bomb would not have exploded if the wires were not tampered with, but then again, you would have had Jack leaving the island. ? ?? ? ??

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,339 posts
Jack went on the sub because Kate got shot. He carried her in.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
No way the bomb goes off if Sawyer's not a ****ing moron.

Also, no way I'm buying that Frank's dead until I see a body.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,339 posts
Franks been dead weight all season long, I don't know why they'd bring him back to be dead weight for even longer.

But with the Sub out of the picture, and the Planes status in limbo, where does that leave everybody who is left. . . Jack isn't going anywhere.. I know Kate and Sawyer want to leave, but I don't know if that's going to happen anymore.

But they did leave the plane unharmed, so that leaves the door open for an escape, yet.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,219 posts
No one's commented on Locke's injury yet. That had a pretty intense story behind it!

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
Dammit Lucas! We were having a very nice parallel reality free conversation here!

Franks been dead weight all season long, I don't know why they'd bring him back to be dead weight for even longer.

Well, it's not "bringing him back" if they never planned for him to die on the sub and are instead holding him in reserve.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,339 posts
Yeah, I thought all that was really well done. And it's nice seeing REAL Locke in those scenes. Because there really is a huge difference between that and Smokey.

I think he will still come around though, and I liked how Jack used the line ' I wish you'd believe me.' The flashes are coming together for Locke, but they aren't quite there. Perhaps when HE get reconnected, that could have some bad repercussions for Smokey.

Edit:
I guess, but they'd have to make a big scene of him returning. The only way he could have, is if he woke up from being knocked out when the door hit him, figured out what was going on without checking in with anybody else on the sub, and swam to the surface. It's easier this way, just letting him be dead. I like his character a lot, but i don't see him reappearing.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
Don't forget, he has to fly the jet. They haven't spent all season talking about the jet to not have it ever take off. :drool:

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,339 posts
Yeah, that's his only saving grace at the moment. But if he washes up on shore and says ' oh hey. .eerr... what happened?' I'm going to be pissed and wish he'd died.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
Prepare to be pissed, my friend. It's totally gonna happen. LMFAO

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,219 posts
You wanna bet? lol

edit: to SD's comment re: spending a whole season talking about the jet comment.

double edit: Actually, to both. Just to spite Dex.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
You're ON, Lucas. One week of the avatar of the winner's choice! I win if Frank's alive, you win if he's dead. And I mean dead in the sub explosion and sinking we just saw, so no fair claiming victory if Locke eats Frank's head two weeks from now.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,339 posts
Is it not new next week?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
It's new, I was just saying as an example. Locke could eat Frank's head next week for all I know.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,219 posts
:lol:

I much prefer our spirited debate to that of Lostpedia's.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
IS IT A BET OR NOT? I'm about to hit the rack and I need an answer! :drool:

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,219 posts
Sure Dex, whatever you'd like. But we're waiting until after our first one is resolved to cash it in. So I can make you use something for 2 consecutive weeks, ya know.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 39,864 posts
WOO HOO!!!

By the way, they've added ANOTHER half hour to the Series Finale: http://today.msnbc.m...-entertainment/

So now the final episode ever of this series will be two and half hours long. WOO HOO!!!!! :drool: :drool:

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,339 posts
That is AWESOME news.

they must have been editing the last episode together and realized that they just didn't have enough time.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,219 posts
Oh man. That's awesome. So so awesome.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• Supporters
  • 34,695 posts
So I guess we won't ever find out which Kwon was the important one?

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,557 posts
OMG!

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,219 posts

So I guess we won't ever find out which Kwon was the important one?

Phrased that way, I think we found out very much so. lol

Dark Lord

Dark Lord

• Members
  • 922 posts
Lapidus ain't dead....yet. The LOST creators made damn sure we saw Sun & Jin floating lifelessly in the sub. They're dead. At this point in the game, when someone for sure dies, they're gonna make sure we know it. Since we haven't seen a dead Lapidus, he's gonna turn up again. Also, the plane is still there too, which means lapidus will be seen again.

So who's left??

Jack
Sawyer
Kate
Hurley

Richard Alpert
Ben
Miles

Lapidus

FLocke
Claire

Widmore
Zoe?
Widmore goons?

Desmond

I wish they spread that two and a half hour finale out another week!! Thats a long time to sit in front of the tv~!
Oh and Sawyer was a total tool in this episode.