Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Season 6, Episode 13: The Last Recruit

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Christian in the hospital and on the freighter are noticeable issues with the explanation. Which I hope they have an explanation for, because when all is said and done Christian as Smokey was the best explanation as it fits everything he did from the moment we first saw him. But they really do need to explain those two roadblocks, or else they get a few demerits.

Loved this episode. Everything is so ominous right now, I was nerve-racked the entire time. Even Sun and Jin's reunion, I felt sure something bad was going to happen. Which it somewhat did, but not in the way of death or anything like that. I was completely surprised that Jack ended up in the Man In Black's clutches. I was certain that when Jack jumped from the boat, that he'd end up being the only one NOT captured by someone. Turns out he's right back in the hands of the big bad. My hope though is that Sayid let Desmond live and maybe even helped him out of the well, and they three escape or something. Or perhaps Richard, Ben and Miles can help out, we didn't see them at all this week.

Color me not surprised though that Sawyer's dumb plan didn't work. I knew his schtick would backfire in his face eventually. He's in over his head and doesn't realize it, and like Jack in the earlier seasons is too pig-headed to realize it. He means well, but his ignoring of the bigger picture is biting him and those he cares about in the ass and he's finally getting a taste of what Jack went through early on.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,883 posts
the next 2 weeks are going to suck :angry:
i hate any break in lost, i can handle the break between seasons but any break in season is just plain wrong :angry:

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• Supporters
  • 34,933 posts

Everything is so ominous right now, I was nerve-racked the entire time. Even Sun and Jin's reunion, I felt sure something bad was going to happen. Which it somewhat did, but not in the way of death or anything like that.

I was, too. I think it was the framing of the shot, but with each one on an opposite side of the fence, I was waiting for them to run into each other's arms and then go all fizzy mouth on us a la Mikhail because the fence hadn't actually been turned off yet. Or I was expecting them to be told to stop to avoid having that happen, which would have been probably the cruelest option; having them finally there together but still separated.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I'm glad they were able to have their moment, but I just have no confidence anymore that its going to last long. I hope I'm wrong, but the subtext in some of these lines seems to be massive foreshadowing that one or both of them aren't going to make it. I'll hate it but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• Supporters
  • 34,933 posts
I agree completely. With those lines, they are definitely not going to both make it out of the season alive.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,567 posts

Everything is so ominous right now, I was nerve-racked the entire time. Even Sun and Jin's reunion, I felt sure something bad was going to happen. Which it somewhat did, but not in the way of death or anything like that.

I was, too. I think it was the framing of the shot, but with each one on an opposite side of the fence, I was waiting for them to run into each other's arms and then go all fizzy mouth on us a la Mikhail because the fence hadn't actually been turned off yet. Or I was expecting them to be told to stop to avoid having that happen, which would have been probably the cruelest option; having them finally there together but still separated.

Oh man I was actually talking at them. "The Fence! The Fence No the Fence!" But alas it was down. :) Man great episode though bringing everyone together. I totally saw Widmore's betrayal Almost like a two parter. I wonder what RIchard, Ben and Myles are up to?

I still say next Flash Sideways concludes that universe in the next couple weeks.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I think a time-jumping Juliet shoots a bitch in the next episode. I bet it happens when MIB's group heads to Hydra island.

In fact it'd be pretty cool if this event lets Jack escape or something.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,800 posts
Damn, Jason, your plugged in or something.

Really, I can't recall an hour of television that passed so quickly. Usually I'm sweating bullets watching thr clock for the last ten minutes. But this time I saw the logo and was surprised it was already over.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,834 posts
Great episode. Whoever said they were nerve-wracked the entire time was absolutely right.

I'm less confident in Widmore being closer to good than bad now.

Love that Sayid lied to Locke

Hated Jack jumping off the boat, but he's totally right... Jack is the guy I think...

I think every episode should be 2 hours and have equal parts alternate and original.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
It was a good episode, but nothing too amazing really.

I did hope that Sun would break free and straight through the sonic-ness but no :(

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Sawyer is a douche. :angry: He's hot but I'm so over him. It's not your ****ing boat ***hole! It's Desmond's! :angry:

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 18,550 posts
I love Sawyer. What I don't like, though, is when Sawyer and Jack do not get along. Luckily, I think that is over. Why? Before Jack jumped off the boat, he said to Sawyer, 'I'm sorry that I got Juliet killed.'. Jack totally took the blame, and Sawyer's face softened. But, yes, nerve-racking. Before all of that, I was certain that Sawyer was going to attempt to kick Jack's ass, or even further and try to kill him. Also, nerve-racking, Jin and Sun running toward each other. The thought of the fence entered my head, too. Thank God that didn't happen. I, also, thought for sure that Claire was going to shoot Kate.

Is it possible that the 'infection' is beginning to wear off of Claire and Sayid? With Kate showing love to Claire, and Desmond speaking to Sayid about facing Nadia after his actions? Like, his actions would make him lose Nadia, and the love overtook him.

How about the Flashsideways with Sun and Locke being brought into the hospital at the same time? 'No... No... It's him, it's him.'

This was just another great, great episode.

Fixxxer

Fixxxer

I'll Make You That Kind Of Girl

• Members
  • 1,301 posts

I love Sawyer. What I don't like, though, is when Sawyer and Jack do not get along. Luckily, I think that is over. Why? Before Jack jumped off the boat, he said to Sawyer, 'I'm sorry that I got Juliet killed.'. Jack totally took the blame, and Sawyer's face softened. But, yes, nerve-racking. Before all of that, I was certain that Sawyer was going to attempt to kick Jack's ass, or even further and try to kill him. Also, nerve-racking, Jin and Sun running toward each other. The thought of the fence entered my head, too. Thank God that didn't happen. I, also, thought for sure that Claire was going to shoot Kate.

Is it possible that the 'infection' is beginning to wear off of Claire and Sayid? With Kate showing love to Claire, and Desmond speaking to Sayid about facing Nadia after his actions? Like, his actions would make him lose Nadia, and the love overtook him.

How about the Flashsideways with Sun and Locke being brought into the hospital at the same time? 'No... No... It's him, it's him.'

This was just another great, great episode.

I think when Sun was shot she had her near death experience, and in her Flash she saw the Locke-Ness Monster. She probably didn't see anything we'd recognize...because in the show it hasn't happened yet. But i'm assuming she saw him do something horrible.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Did you guys notice (I didn't, needed to see it a second time to catch it) that Jack's neck is bleeding after the explosion? Same side of the neck that he has the cut on in LA X too.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,549 posts
That gives more credibility to the theory I've had all along! :drool: Rek-keg-nize,Jason!

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
That depends! ;) I'm down with the the flashes happening after these events, but I still don't think they're going to be endgame. I still think the events of the finale will take place on the island after the alternate world stuff. But I definitely recognize you and TR were the first I remember to believe the flashes were happening after.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,549 posts
Moist excellent. :drool:

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,432 posts
I was the first - first though! But I do agree that the last scene of the series could very likely be just a quiet, tranquil scene on or near the island itself.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Oh, look at you. You're good at making theories! You're the magical man from happy land, living in a gumdrop house on Lolipop lane! ;)

Here's another nifty thing people have caught. When Sawyer was coming back to his desk before questioning Kate in the alt, he offers her an apple. Very symbolic of Adam and Eve. So maybe they ARE Adam and Eve on the island? I've always thought it would probably be something like Jack and Kate, but Jack becomes the new Jacob that excludes him, because he will never age and never die.

If its Kate and Sawyer though, it could be Jack who chooses the caves as the final resting place for his friends. He places on them the black and white stones, symbolic of the roles they played in helping restore the balance of the island that Jack now protects.

Dark Lord

Dark Lord

• Members
  • 922 posts
Anyone think Jack acting more and more like John Locke is a bad thing?? Look where it got Locke. He was murdered and wound up as the host for the Smoke Monster. I think Jack thinking like Locke is gonna get jack in a whole lotta trouble. Especially since Jack died when Widmore bombed the island and was brought back to life by Smokey. "You're gonna be alright. You're with me now."~ Sir Smokeness to Jack.
Jack is gonna be the new host body for Smokey! (Or something like that.)
Actually I don't believe any of that but it is interesting to think about.
So based on the preview for the next episode:
It looks like we're gonna see the flashback where Locke/MIB murders the rest of the passengers from the Ajira plane.
Sayid is back with the good guys (at least physically).
Claire in Locke's clutches~ and he ain't happy.
Kate and Sawyer back in the polar bear cages. Sawyer- "He doesn't need you Kate". Clearly he's referring to Kate's name not being scribbled on the cave wall. Sawyer thinks Kate's number is up.
Smoke Monster wreaking havoc again as smoke.
Looks like a winner to me!

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 16,834 posts
Jason, I did notice that Jack's neck was bleeding after the explosion- wasn't sure if it looked that way because I wanted it to, or if it was by design.

I still say the alternate is just an alternate universe created by Juliet hitting the hydrogen bomb, pretty much confirmed in a podcast long ago I think.

Interesting about Adam and Eve/Kate Sawyer.

Also, do we really think Jack died? I'll have to rewatch but I didn't get that upon first viewing. You guys?

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts
Things that I think are more and more unlikely to get answered as we are now only 4 episodes away:

1) What was the issue with having children on the island
2) What was up with Walt

Doc Brown

Doc Brown

A Good Person

• Members
  • 1,961 posts
Great set up. This season's Three Minutes/Greatest Hits/Follow the Leader/Half Blood Prince.

I love it when everything begins to come together.

I don't love it when we have to wait another two weeks. :(

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Half Blood Prince.

:hmm:

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts

Also, do we really think Jack died? I'll have to rewatch but I didn't get that upon first viewing. You guys?

Not one bit