Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The A-Team

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,514 posts
It better not be Transformers or GIJoe. Those films SUCKED. They couldn't hold the used, stinky jocks of about 89% of the action films produced in the 80s.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Time starts NOW.

• Members
  • 29,293 posts

TRAILER!

Link's defunct. I get a "Page Not Found" and the following claptrap:

Sorry, "A-Team Trailer - TheFilmStage.com" was deleted at 4:11:41 Fri Jan 8, 2010. Vimeo has removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation claiming that this material is infringing: A-Team Trailer - TheFilmStage.com. We have no more information about it on our mainframe or elsewhere.

Hmph.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
I concur on the HMPH!

But although I didn't get to see the trailer, this alone has me ready and willing...

parachuting tanks shooting down planes?

sold!

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Hmph??

YouTube seems to have nabbed something: 

LoILTG8UF-A

Urr, http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LoILTG8UF-A

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,514 posts
That's the one, Prim. I know you were good for something.

I just showed that clip to my son and wife. My wife was like, "Neat." My son was like, "Who's the A-Team?" I sent him to his room. What?! It's bed time here anyway.

Boba Sweat

Boba Sweat

Get These Hummed

• Members
  • 10,490 posts
you've failed as a parent

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
Can also try this one

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=62189

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Good for something? WTF? If I irritate a saint at least I make the devil happy.

My son was like, "Who's the A-Team?" I sent him to his room.

You should have pointed to him whilst looking at your wife with a "I pity da' foo'!" ... 

Imagine his reaction then.

... that could have been your segue to watching the DVDs with him.

Ender

Ender

Calmer than you are

• Members
  • 9,232 posts
That looks awful. I feel sorry for Liam Neeson and the guy from D9 for getting into that mess.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts
I thought it looked awesome. You have to remember the original content, it sucked. Although its a classic, it still sucked.

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• Moderators
  • 17,010 posts
It looks horrible and stupid. But as Dr. Ifto just said, the original sucked, too.

And unlike G.I. Joe and the last Transformers movie, I can't shake the nagging feeling that it will be vaguely entertaining -- maybe even fun. Hmmm...

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
I think this film's going to promote a lot of "I didn't go in to see Shakespeare" arguments, but I for one can't wait. It IS good now and then to just get some silliness in a movie theatre, as long as it doesn't insult your intelligence.

BTW, from the brief snippets there, Copley has Murdoch nailed :thumbsup:

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• Moderators
  • 17,010 posts

BTW, from the brief snippets there, Copley has Murdoch nailed

I very much liked the five seconds of Murdoch, too!

Neeson, however... hmm. It sounds like Qui-Gon's enjoying plans coming together. Of course, it's Neeson, so I'll probably find a rationalization for liking his version of the character, but everything he said (all what -- three lines?) sounded really off-key to me. It will definitely take some getting used to.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
New pics

Stevil

Stevil

TK421

• Members
  • 1,877 posts
Nice Spoonie!

A-Team fact... I e-mailed the office of Stephen J Cannell circa 2003 asking about the rumoured A-Team movie and got a polite reply from his secretary saying that Stephen was very interested in bring the A-Team to the big screen but was waiting for the right story and the right script. Even thanked me for my question and for my support as a fan!!

So I hope they waited for the right moment and Stephen's plan comes together!!

I'm sure I'll love it because it's all nostalgia for me :)

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,514 posts
Neat story, Stevil. That is pretty cool.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
So if this movie sucks, we can blame Stevil :thumbsup:
  • The Maker +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,514 posts
LOL

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,238 posts
Every aspect of this trailer is Absolute ****ing crap.

Nostalgia ???? what the **** you taling about stevil ? It's nothing like the old series.

As far as Liam Neeson having anything to do with this...it just goes to prove that even so called serious actors will do anything for money, or to get their face on screen.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 33,514 posts
I can understand some fans anger at this movie being light hearted and action movie fantastical because the old series was so high brow and everything was so realistically well done in it.
  • The Maker +1 this

Stevil

Stevil

TK421

• Members
  • 1,877 posts

Every aspect of this trailer is Absolute ****ing crap.

Nostalgia ???? what the **** you taling about stevil ? It's nothing like the old series.

As far as Liam Neeson having anything to do with this...it just goes to prove that even so called serious actors will do anything for money, or to get their face on screen.

Cut Yo' Jibber Jabber!!!

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,238 posts
Cut Yo' Jibber Jabber!!!

Ha, okay, but seriously....

This looked awfull. It's like some youtube paradoy with a budget for effects shots.

Stevil

Stevil

TK421

• Members
  • 1,877 posts
I've gotta be honest with you Trumpet, my expectation levels are so low it's unbelievable. But I've waited for it for so long so I can't complain. I'm kind of done with looking for the next great film (not that this was ever meant to be it), I'm only interested in what is going to entertain me. The new Rambo for instance... was an absolute riot. I loved that so much I bought it on Blu-Ray. Not a great story, not fantastic acting but what a ride!! The only worry for me for this movie is if they get characters totally wrong and mess up the dynamic. I don't mind if they update them a little. If you want an example of how to get characters totally wrong, cast the wrong actors, **** a film up and ruin a childhood, you could try watching all of the Spiderman movies.

Surely this film can't be that bad!!

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,238 posts

I've gotta be honest with you Trumpet, my expectation levels are so low it's unbelievable. But I've waited for it for so long so I can't complain. I'm kind of done with looking for the next great film (not that this was ever meant to be it), I'm only interested in what is going to entertain me. The new Rambo for instance... was an absolute riot. I loved that so much I bought it on Blu-Ray. Not a great story, not fantastic acting but what a ride!! The only worry for me for this movie is if they get characters totally wrong and mess up the dynamic. I don't mind if they update them a little. If you want an example of how to get characters totally wrong, cast the wrong actors, **** a film up and ruin a childhood, you could try watching all of the Spiderman movies.

Surely this film can't be that bad!!

I actually enjoyed the Spiderman films more than any of the other recent super hero movies, 2 the most. I agree, the casting could have been better.

The films didn't ruin my childhood memories of the franchise, I thought it was like the earlier comics and I could see they where gradually going to mature the characters and take it into darker territory. I'm dissapointed it's been scrapped to be honest.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts
New Trailer: