Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Expendables

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

King Justinian

King Justinian

• Members
  • 62 posts
http://www.thehollyw...te-20261108.php

^Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Jet Li, and NOW:

http://chud.com/arti...TURE/Page1.html

^Mickey Rourke is on board also! Plus:

http://chud.com/arti...BLES/Page1.html

^A cameo by Arnold.

My friends this is now my most anticipated film of 2009. This is ass kickery overload baby!!

Edited by Darth Spoon, 31 July 2009 - 02:07 AM.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,010 posts
Tropic Thunder with has beens. Sounds like fun! :D

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo / Robin in Alaska

• Members
  • 33,321 posts
Tropic Thunder doesn't deserve to even be whispered in the same breath as this film's premise and cast.

Durty D

Durty D

ol' durty driscoll

• Members
  • 5,846 posts
This was the sort of concept that I thought Tarrantino was going with Inglorious Bastards. Even before Oceans 11 came along, Tarrantino was talking about the lack of big name hollywood team ups and how he'd like to put them together in a dirty dozen situation.

Oh well, times change.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts
I am strangly interested in this movie.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
Strangely? This is the most awesome in the whole history of the universe. END OF STORY.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts

Strangely? This is the most awesome in the whole history of the universe. END OF STORY.

I was trying to be subtle :P

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
There's no room for sublety when talking about this film. The only thing missing is Chuck Norris.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
And I thought my dream of a film with Sly and Arnie would never happen. This sounds awesome.

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
OMFG! Awesome overload!

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

• Members
  • 33,321 posts

And I thought my dream of a film with Sly and Arnie would never happen. This sounds awesome.

Unfortunately Arnold role is a "IRL cameo". He's playing himself aka Governator Arnold.

There's no room for sublety when talking about this film. The only thing missing is Chuck Norris.

QFT!!!

I'd switch out Lundgren for Norris any day of the week.

Justus

Justus

• Members
  • 12,406 posts

Yeah. The producers should just go for thick-skulled broke and cast Steven Seagal, Mr. T, Hulk Hogan,and Ultimate Fighting "stars" to round out this acting powerhouse of a cast.

....and lets not forget the need of 10 or 20 "power" songs from the group Survivor....and a touching between-bone crunching ballad from Frank Stallone.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts

Yeah. The producers should just go for thick-skulled broke and cast Steven Seagal, Mr. T, Hulk Hogan,and Ultimate Fighting "stars" to round out this acting powerhouse of a cast.

....and lets not forget the need of 10 or 20 "power" songs from the group Survivor....and a touching between-bone crunching ballad from Frank Stallone.

I like your thinking :thumbsup:

(a few montages wouldn't go astray either)

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

• Members
  • 33,321 posts
Yeah we need a work out montage and then a putting on all our ass kicking gear montage too!

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
And preferably to this

\m/

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
- They need to get Chuck Norris in on this as well

-Stallone has to yell out while wiping out a whole division of bad guys with a M60 machine gun in one hand and expended bullets flying every where.

- Bad Puns every where. For example, If they stick a bad guy to a wall with a knife/sword/ ink pen/ popsicile stick, etc...... they have to say something like "Stick Around"

- They have to have a cool aerial insertion scene. These guys are so bad ass they don't even need parachutes. They just bounce off the ground with their heads, wipe the dust off, and get back to kicking butt

- They have to threaten the lead villian by telling them in deep gravely voice over a radio/phone something like "I'm coming for you!" And then kill them in the most over the top violent way possible while saving a their child/family member/ fellow POW, etc......

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

• Members
  • 33,321 posts
I really do want Chuck Norris in this too. Right now the rumors look to be that Lundgren and Jet Li are going to have a fight scene, I'd have prefered Li to line up against Chuck's round house kick!

Afterthought: I'd do this cast and this basic premise...

Sly Stallone
Arnold (non-cameo)
Chuck Norris
Jason Statham
Jet Li
Samuel L. Jackson
Dolph Lundgren

Stallone, Arnold, Norris and Jackson would all be old buddies from Nam, I'd set Norris up as the leader of the squad... at least when they were official in Nam. Special forces awesome etc. Jet Li would be Chinese Secret Service who has ties to a past "adventure" Stallone's squad had been on. Lundgren would be former Russian KGB and like Li's character would have ties to Stallone's squad in past "adventures". Statham would be a new young gun MI6 agent who pulls all of them together for one last mission. Statham's character, being the newcomer, would be the "audience in" for the film's world. We'd have exposition from his character's POV.

Edited by The Human Torch, 21 February 2009 - 11:01 AM.

BATMAN

BATMAN

Holy Hallucination

• Members
  • 2,052 posts
Didn't Jet Li say he was no longer doing martial arts movies? So how does that work...if the movie isn't a martial arts movie, he can still do martial arts in it?

:confused:

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• Members
  • 13,090 posts
I'll be livid if they actually take this movie seriously. I hope they're inspired more by Team America than Platoon.

ETAndElliot4Ever

ETAndElliot4Ever

Extra-Terrestrial

• Members
  • 2,181 posts
Rambo was the best movie of 2008. Bring on more, Sly!

King Justinian

King Justinian

• Members
  • 62 posts
Danny Trejo has joined the cast and he might very well be playing the main baddie:

http://filmdrunk.upr...dables#comments

Wow it seems Forest Whitaker is in it too. His role is probably minor but still a very good choice for a secondary character. This is going to be the ultimate man's movie. Those warnings in the article are funny. LOL

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

• Members
  • 33,321 posts
Yeah those warnings were good stuff. I liked the last one the best.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
The big names keep on coming. Stone Cold Steve Austin joins the Expendables!

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Its going to be the greatest movie of all time. Probably.

I'd give anything to get Mr. T in on this too. And Carl Weathers, lets get all Rocky's opponents!

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

• Members
  • 33,321 posts
Totally! Mr. T and Carl Weathers!!! +1 for my vote that they get a cameo.

And William Shatner should be the Mercenaries PR guy or something, the business side of things dude... pure Denny Crane mode. LOL