Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jonah Hex!

35 replies to this topic

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Straight from the set of the film...

Posted Image

That's Josh Brolin, who looks freaking perfect!

Iceheart

Iceheart

your argument is invalid

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 19,209 posts
My friend was just in New Orleans while they were filming this. So far it sounds pretty awesome!

The Maker

The Maker

Je voudrais un croissant.

• Members
  • 11,348 posts
I am so excited for this movie! The current Jonah Hex run is one of my faves, and the character is just freakin' awesome.

Brolin looks just about perfect. :thumbsup:

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo / Robin in Alaska

• Members
  • 33,395 posts
Wow. This looks great. Definitely on my radar now. Thanks, Tank.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Time starts NOW.

• Supporters
  • 29,233 posts
His eye is too normal. Otherwise, wow.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Who knows-- maybe in post they'll go all Two-Face with the cg enhancements.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,621 posts
Aw, from the title I thought it'd be this one.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
I LOVED that mini.

Thomas Alan

Thomas Alan

Master Debator

• Banned Users
  • 25,965 posts

Who knows-- maybe in post they'll go all Two-Face with the cg enhancements.

I was gonna suggest that myself. Burn make-up is easy, but eye deformity is better in CGI.

Anyway, it an interesting project with a underappreciated character. But it has about a 80% chance of being done badly I'd say.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
Jimmy Palmiotti is one of the producers and developed the story for the screenwriter, so that gives me hope.

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

Uatu the Watcher's Intern

• Members
  • 1,511 posts
Hahahahaha! :lol: Thanks for the love, Tank.

This photo fills me with hope. I was scared Brolin was a tad too old for the part, but he's lookin' pretty good (and I use the term loosely) as everyone's favorite horribly-deformed gunfighter. Jimmy Palmiotti said on Twitter that he'd read the screenplay and loved it, so I hope that's a good sign and not just cutesy Hollywood BS.

Let's keep our trigger fingers crossed, ladies and gentlemen.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Time starts NOW.

• Supporters
  • 29,233 posts
Teaser poster:

Posted Image

Justus

Justus

• Members
  • 12,408 posts
Quality is up in the air at this point--but it is sort of interesting that one of DC's perennial C-list characters gets a film, when WB seemed to be focusing on developing flagship characters (since the new wave of films spearheaded by Batman Begins/Superman Returns).

Even we know DC will likely tie in all things Hex through Bronze/Modern Age reprints, merchandising, etc., I hope all parties realize Hex is so far below the pop culture radar, that general audiences may look the other way.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
As Iron Man proved, those B and C or even D list character films don't have as much expectation or pressure on hem to perform, so are thus cheaper to make and have a better chance at making bank.

Justus

Justus

• Members
  • 12,408 posts

As Iron Man proved, those B and C or even D list character films don't have as much expectation or pressure on hem to perform, so are thus cheaper to make and have a better chance at making bank.

Iron Man is no Spider-Man, but he's still easier to recognize (even in pre-movie merchansing aimed at kids) than Hex. My theory is that as a character not on the top shelf, it will be a low performer like Punisher, and with that, goes the chance to explore the Hex universe.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

trained in gorilla warfare

• Supporters
  • 31,877 posts
Saw some footage at the Con. Sorry guys, my interest has disappeared.

Epimetheus00

Epimetheus00

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY

• Members
  • 470 posts
That really doesn't look like Jonah Hex to me.

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
Hex is not a character that most people will recognize, so I don't expect big budget stuff here. That said, if that's what Josh is gonna look like, I'll be very disappointed.

Trila Trtat

Trila Trtat

Soul Power

• Members
  • 7,009 posts
Seriously. I have nothing but bad feelings for what I've seen of this movie so far.

Jonah Hex is one of the only DC comics whose writing I like right now, so all I can say is if they allow the movie to affect the actual comic in an attempt to make more money post-release, someone is going to have to die.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Time starts NOW.

• Supporters
  • 29,233 posts
--> TRAILER! Starring EXPLOSIONS!

Apparently they had better guns back in the Old West than we do today. Who knew.

After seeing this, I'm thinking Lovecraftian will beg to have his thread dedication withdrawn. :no:

The Maker

The Maker

Je voudrais un croissant.

• Members
  • 11,348 posts
Well, I was excited for this. The look/mannerisms for Hex are pretty spot-on, but I don't understand the need to change his origin so drastically--Jonah already has a great origin.

:(

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,621 posts
I read on another site a poster questioning why the movie had to make Hex have a mystical element.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo / Robin in Alaska

• Members
  • 33,395 posts
Wow. That looks like so much crap. And Megan Fox is nasty as always. I despise her as much as I do Shia.

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts

Well, I was excited for this. The look/mannerisms for Hex are pretty spot-on, but I don't understand the need to change his origin so drastically--Jonah already has a great origin.

:(

Agreed--Brolin as Hex looks perfect... but everything is looks to be crap.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,295 posts
Bro needs to do something about that **** on his lips.

Reply to this topic