Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SEASON 6 - Speculation and Theories

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I think the key to everything, at least in terms of righting everything, will be Jack. I even think its he, not Locke, that Ilana and Richard's quotes refer to. Still think Locke is basically the antagonist, with the hope that by the show's end however his human side can be appealed to.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts

She doesn't know JACK **** beyond what that journal told her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, that's a guess on my part but still ...

When she told him that, he didnt do anything afterwards that regarded the island at all. He was told the night that she told the oceanic people how to return. Desmond hasnt had a story since then except a flashback to show that he kicked Ben's ass.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,477 posts
Some casting comments.

Spoiler! --Click here to view--
Apparently Mira Furlan (the French Chick) has turned down the show runner's request to come back for the final season due to a “prior overseas commitment.”

This is bitterly disappointing for me because she rawked. Also them asking her back leads even more credence to the idea that the bomb worked.

And, which should surprise nobody, Claire is coming back this season.

Dag-o-baa

Dag-o-baa

Girl from Mars

• Members
  • 4,171 posts
more on casting

I've seen online that Claire will coming back in a Rousseau type role, could be messy and crazy and/or "where's my baby?"

oh and Michael isn't coming back.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,758 posts
Why is Claire's return in spoiler tags? It's been said for the past two seasons she'd be back this one.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,477 posts
Yeah, no doubt. That's a well known fact.

Anyway, I have a new theory as to why Jacob touched Sun, Jin, Sawyer, Jack, Kate, and Sayid at various points in their past.

I think the future WILL be reset because of what happened in The Incident ... but all the people Jacob touched will remember the alternate timeline and realize things are more jacked up now than if they hadn't changed the past. Mainly because having an alternate timeline is pointless in fiction unless at least one person has an idea that things have changed so I think this is how they're going to accomplish this. :drool:

tripsbacks

tripsbacks

• Members
  • 461 posts
The only thing I get after just watching the finale, is that after everything "fake locke" did to kill Jacob, he still got one-upped. If everything gets reset then Jacob is still alive. My brain does hurt with all the racing thought of what might and will be.

Nixie

Nixie

showing all my haters love

• Members
  • 2,162 posts
any of you remember what you had written in those spoiler boxes? :(

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,758 posts
A mod, admin, or original poster can open the post to edit it. In my forum, the old spoiler has some kind of formatting code. The content is still there.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,477 posts
No ****? So it's not all lost? ****ing SWEET! :drool:

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,758 posts
'Lost': How It Ends (Maybe)
(Entertainment Weekly)

tripsbacks

tripsbacks

• Members
  • 461 posts
I just had this thought. Adam and Eve from season 1 is actually Jacob and the man in black. Didn't Jack find them in the cave wiht a black and white stone? Perhaps tthey both die in the end, or have already been dead for a long time.

Nixie

Nixie

showing all my haters love

• Members
  • 2,162 posts
I think they're going to turn out to be Rose and Bernard from the 70s.

Edit: This is Foxglove b/c somebody dumb forgot to logout. :angry:

Edited by Nixie, 30 January 2010 - 03:13 PM.

tripsbacks

tripsbacks

• Members
  • 461 posts

I think they're going to turn out to be Rose and Bernard from the 70s.

Edit: This is Foxglove b/c somebody dumb forgot to logout. :angry:

That's awesome!

Tank

Tank

retired

• Members
  • 33,029 posts
I'm going to predict that the finale will have the same sort of polarizind implosion that the finale of BSG did.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,758 posts
To Lost writers' benefit, they have a number of long-running, critically-acclaimed/fan-beloved series finales to refer to. Fan reaction especially.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,758 posts
(Okay, rather than keep cluttering the season premiere thread, I'm dropping this one in its proper place.)

I'm entertaining the idea Jacob wasn't able to travel away from the island until after his murder. Perhaps Smokey is unkillable in a similar manner and thus unable to be freed in such a way. So, while the Losties' time-jumping was uncontrollable, his is quite intentional -- and, perhaps, like Smokey's "loophole," is a kind of self-fulfilling event, revisitting them in their lives.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Been playing around with this idea concerning the sickness, Jacob and Smokey parallels, and how it affects Claire and Sayid.

My belief is the pool, before becoming tainted, was a source of healing that came from Jacob's powers. When you're healed, like Richard says, it changes you, causes you to lose your innocence. While they haven't elaborated on what exactly this means, I think that's basically the price you pay to be healed by Jacob. This is what happened to Ben. Likewise I think Smokey has the same ability to heal. The price however is much different, its infection. If you're healed by him, his darkness eventually consumes you. You don't become him per se, you're just corrupted and become his servant, kinda like Star Wars and how the dark side can corrupt a good person (Anakin/Vader).

How that correlates to Claire, I think she was injured far worse than we originally saw when her house was blown up. I also believe Smokey was there (she calls Charlie's name when Sawyer finds her, and later speaks of not "seeing things anymore" when Sawyer asks how she's feeling). It took that opportunity to heal her and infect her then and there. That's why Miles was getting a strange vibe from her later. He obviously didn't know what it was, but my guess is he could sense the darkness in her, and whether he consciously realized it or not, that's why he offered to hold Aaron; he was instinctively wanting to protect the baby. She's still acting normal at this point, but it takes some time to spread. That in turn is why Christian approaches her later (provided Smokey is Christian). This is him literally now as well as figuratively claiming Claire.

As far as Sayid goes, he was infected in the pool. No one realized it at the time since such a thing has never happened before, but Jacob's death nullified the pools original powers. The source is gone so the power is gone. But MIB remains and in Jacob's stead, MIB now fuels the power to the pool, hence its becoming literally darkened. Sayid is healed, but by MIB's methods, not Jacob's, and thus he is infected as that is the price of Smokey's brand of healing.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• Supporters
  • 40,477 posts
That theory on Claire is genius. You tied up everything very well there, including her mentioning Charlie which was a very brief moment. You get a gold star this time if you're right. :drool:

CF

CF

Malo libertatum periculosum quam quietam servitutem.

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
Anyone think there's a chance we see Mr. Eko again before the end of the season?

Master Ed Avlis

Master Ed Avlis

Shaking things up

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

I have reason to believe that Desmond is the key to fixing everything.

This is looking all the more likely to me. Desmond may ultimately connect the two timelines and put everything back on course.

They made a point to have him appear on 815 - not a big deal in itself when you consider that if the island doesn't exist, his past/present/future will completely change (so who's to say he's not just going on a trip?). But then they made a point of him suddenly disappearing, indicating that he hadn't just "gone back to his seat". Perhaps Desmond, being the exception to the rule, is able not just to travel back/forward in time, but also between timelines? He may have been on the flight in order to return to the island in the original timeline as this was the only way. Note that he pretty much disappears at the moment the plane is meant to be pulled apart in the original line, much in the way that the Ajira passengers didn't so much as crash back on the island as they were simply "transported" back to it. Basically I think there's a good chance we could see a Desmond-centric where he starts jumping out of his happy existence and into a past where Penny doesn't exist, thus realizing he needs to stop the new timeline becoming reality.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• Members
  • 15,013 posts
I've been catching up on a lot of key episodes and have been paying attention to most of this final season, so no matter what the outcome may be, I'm really looking forward to the finale next week.

But I will say this. While no one can be certain what particular outs and resolutions the writers will take, I think I'm already somewhat disappointed with what this is leading up to. In the first year and a half when I watched this show religiously, I always sort of assumed that the explanation for everything would be something that would be simple and relevant. I thought it would be something that would make total sense in a "why didn't I think of that" sort of way. But within the past two seasons, this one especially, it seems that the writers are overly concerned with maintaining a vast mythology that they can create explanations out of. Considering all of the buildup, and specifically considering the episode solely focusing on MiB and Jacob, it's pretty clear that the end will be some spin on this invented mythology. They would just be digging themselves out of the hole they made for themselves. Which may be an elegant way of ending it, but for me would be completely unsatisfying.

Though I guess the most accurate prediction you can make about the finale is that there will be a lot of people unhappy with it no matter the direction it takes.

Wambli Olowan

Wambli Olowan

• Members
  • 438 posts
I have mentioned before that I thought LOST might end at the beginning , with Jack waking up in the jungle. And I based a lot of that on the image of what appeared to be Ben's baton beside Jack's head, but some of you shout at me 'THERE IS NO BATON!". Well, there may not be a baton, but, there is . . . . . . . . . . in last nights ep, we see . . . . .. . . . . . .. . .. .Jacob reminding him of where he woke up in the bamboo, and that the light cave, or what MIB is looking for, is beyond the bamboo.

Jack tells Jacob there is nothing beyond the bamboo, but Jacob tells him there is.

Flash back to the Pilot, with Jack waking up in the bamboo, with or without the baton, and when Jack runs to the beach, instead of looking to his left, toward the wreckage, Jack FIRST looks to his right, away from the wreckage, perhaps looking for what is beyond the bamboo.

So, this is my theory . . . . . .. . . . . . . .