Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yeah, baby: Kool-aid with Caffeine!

20 replies to this topic

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

Has a hovercraft full of eels.

• Members
  • 5,534 posts
I just discovered Wyler's is now making individual-serving packets of "kool-aid" type sugar-free drink mix in various flavors (lemonade, fruit punch) -- in an "Energy!" form that has caffeine. The packets are the perfect size to add to a 20-oz glass or bottle of water.

About time!!

I've been trying to drink more water and less diet soda, but that water stuff is tasteless and lacks the caffeinated punch I need throughout the workday. Coffee has the punch, but I can't drink too much of it in the afternoon, plus it dehydrates, not rehydrates.

So FINALLY somebody has it figured out. Hurray for caffeine!

And hurray for powdered caffeine. Hmmm...think of the possibilities! :D

creamtuff

creamtuff

Awesomesauce.

• Members
  • 2,070 posts
That also means a non-coffee caffeinated beverage that's not fizzy! Oh, hells yeah!

I love coffee, but I can only drink one a day without stomach issues, and I hate how anything else w/ caffeine is usually carbonated. This may be the perfect thing for days I have class...

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,749 posts
It's good stuff.

(Still prefer my Water Joe, however.)

Tangent

Tangent

Hardcore will never die, but you will

• Members
  • 12,137 posts
Out next month: Sugar packets with a syringe!

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts
Just another way for people to get fatter in America!

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

• Members
  • 5,534 posts
Sugar packets, yes. But this is sugar free caffeinated kool-aid. :thumbsup:

And I bet it mixes up just fine with vodka in the summer. The question is, do you add water, or not? ;) :D

And Ryn, I like Water Joe...but then you have to buy expensive plastic bottles for a buck-something apiece and lug them around and feel guilty if you don't recycle them. I found this Wylers stuff for like, 6 or 8 packets for a buck. And then I get to decide if I feel like splurging on death-water in a plastic bottle, or without (I'm still not convinced bottled water is any better for you).

Edited by Lace Mindu, 01 April 2008 - 06:12 PM.

Tangent

Tangent

Hardcore will never die, but you will

• Members
  • 12,137 posts

Sugar packets, yes. But this is sugar free caffeinated kool-aid. :thumbsup:

And I bet it mixes up just fine with vodka in the summer. The question is, do you add water, or not? ;) :D

I can tell you from experience that you do. :D

Vodka and Kool Aid (even the sugar free kind I'm partial to) is actually a decent cheap drink. You can make it mad strong and it doesn't taste bad.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,593 posts
This proves once again that americans will cram caffeine into anything.

HANFAN

HANFAN

Bottoms Up!

• Members
  • 11,419 posts
I must find this product. It would be perfect for camping and hiking!

Chalcedony

Chalcedony

Infinity welcomes careful drivers.

• Members
  • 20,491 posts

And eventually, they will supersize it.

Undome Telcontar

Undome Telcontar

Home.

• Members
  • 13,400 posts
it'll probably find it's way over here eventually.

meh, don't need it, don't want it, and it'll be over-priced anyway.

creamtuff

creamtuff

Awesomesauce.

• Members
  • 2,070 posts

Just another way for people to get fatter in America!

It's sugar-free. At most, it may be about 5 calories per packet. That means a person would have to drink about 500 packets a day to gain weight on it. Since it's caffeinated, their heart would probably explode before this happened. So, um, no, it's not another way for anyone, American or not, to get fatter.

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

• Members
  • 5,534 posts
Yep -- 5 calories. Less than 17 cents a serving where I bought it, too. PLUS caffeine AND "B vitamins".

I will reserve comment on the health value of whatever is in there providing the sweetening power, though.

Yes, I should avoid all the chemicals and drink only distilled water. But I NEED my DRUGS and I like them to taste good! :thumbsup:

creamtuff

creamtuff

Awesomesauce.

• Members
  • 2,070 posts

But I NEED my DRUGS and I like them to taste good! :thumbsup:

Preach on!! :yes:

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

• Members
  • 5,534 posts

Who, us? :D

Shower-Shock: Soap with Caffeine!
Posted Image

Primer: Breath Spray with Caffeine!
Posted Image

SpazzStick: Lip Balm with Caffeine!
Posted Image

SumSeeds: Sunflower Seeds with Caffeine!
Posted Image

JavaPops ("Wake up sucker"): -- Suckers with Caffeine!
Posted Image

Diablo: Quick-dissolve Strips with Caffeine!
Posted Image

And I won't even get into the multiple brands of mints, gum, chocolate, energy bars, and candy - find yours at www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine

...PS: they also carry Despair, Inc.'s "Bittersweets": depressing and cruel candy hearts for all of those who hate love. Check out http://www.thinkgeek...ine/candy/a03c/.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Time starts NOW.

• Supporters
  • 29,336 posts

Shower-Shock: Soap with Caffeine!
Posted Image

Wait. Am I supposed to eat the soap, or has some mad genius found a way to allow humans to absorb it through the skin? ("Shower-Shock! Apply directly to the forehead! Shower-Shock! Apply directly to the forehead!")

If that's the case, then it's only a matter of time until someone invents the CaffeDerm caffeine patch, and we can do away with all those inefficient liquid-based caffeine delivery systems.

I await the future much more eagerly now. I'll gladly trade flying cars for this.

Hammurabi-Sith

Hammurabi-Sith

Eye for an eye you liberal hippies!

• Members
  • 2,689 posts
Stay away from those power drinks/energy drinks. They are horrible for you in some many ways.

If you want more energy then do it the simple way and that is eat more fresh foods, exercise and get a good nights sleep.

Put yourself on a schedule and stick with it and trust me when your head hits the pillow at night you will go to sleep and stay asleep and wake up the next day full of energy.

Feeding your body sugar is a one way ticket to diabetes, and then you are really up **** creek. Either change your lifestyle now or your body will force you do it.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Supporters
  • 32,064 posts
Posted Image

Lujac

Lujac

• Members
  • 5,388 posts
Geeze Min....like you need more caffiene! ;)

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Members
  • 20,538 posts

Either change your lifestyle now or your body will force you do it.

And don't forget to floss, or you'll die!

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

• Members
  • 5,534 posts
Yesterday at the airport in North Carolina, I saw a new Snickers Bar -- with yes, caffeine!

There's no stopping us now: caffeine addicts are taking over the world, MWAH ha ha ha ha!!

Reply to this topic