Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NAW Backstage

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
i'm in.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,155 posts
I'm all for it, anything to keep it going and spite Stoolie!

I could even kick Phil Collins ass in the ring just to rub it in even more.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Well yeah, if someone like Dragon wants to take over and try and give this place (yet) another shot, then I'm in too.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
I see no reason why Dragon can't take over, it can't get any worse then it is.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
i think it could get alot better. I can actually dedicate now.

MATT... LETS DO THIS THING

The Stool Sample

The Stool Sample

Sexual Chocolate

• Supporters
  • 5,805 posts

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
Well, here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to take a shot at this, and we're going to start this week.

The card will be up soon.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
The Card is up. Phil, Stuck I'm sorry but I had to cancel you're respected shots at the championship. With the current state of our "Roster" things like such just wont help right now. If this thing ever gets back on it's feet for good, we'll give those back to you somehow.

The Only reason I didn't strip myself of the title is for story purpose. I feel that for story it would just help to have a champ that everyone is chasing. I wasn't trying to screw you guys and protect myself.

The Stool Sample

The Stool Sample

Sexual Chocolate

• Supporters
  • 5,805 posts
Well if Mr. Dragon DDT isnt going to screw you over... then I sure will.

Rookies...

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Don't worry about taking that title shot away from me. I'm sure I'll get it back one way or another.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
That's what I like to hear.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• Moderators
  • 27,179 posts
NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MEDIA CONTACT
Peter Loaf, Publicist
Nani Vision Entertainment Group
713-458-9998, x805
ploafX80@nanivision.org

EXODUS
RETIRES

5/20/2008:

You'd have to see things from his point of view to fully understand.

After all, who imagines the first non-eastern sports entertainer to ever use the green mist as an offensive ploy to end up running the day-to-day opperations of a major wrestling company? It's too unconventional, right? But perhaps in this case, being unconventional is the order of the day. Maybe it's what's needed. Maybe it helps you to sieze opportunities, close otherwise unclosable gaps, win by the narrowest of impossible margins, and blaze a path to legendary lore all the way along.

"I never wanted to be like everyone else," Exodus says with a blank stare off into the sky outside his estate, "because nearly everything had been done. How many American wrestlers have you seen use the eastern style out in that ring? I won't hold my breath while I wait for an answer. I'm really proud of that. The look on peoples faces when I broke out the mist was priceless. It helped to set the table too, you know. Who expects this nutjob to start aiming for the top stars in the company from day one?"

If you saw it coming when he become the quickest to win the nAw Undisputed Title after their debut, you'd raise your hand and say that you expected that among many other things. And then you'd get those things. Tag Team Champion. Undisputed Champion. Undisputed Sith. Hardcore Champion. Intercontinental Champion. Cruiserweight Champion. nAw CEO. Lets not even dive into the POW Titles, because he won plenty of those too.

"I'm just as proud of winning my first championship, the nAw Tag Team Championship along with Dude, as I am of becoming nAw Undisputed Champion so quickly," says Exodus with a smile. "Tag team wrestling is a lost art that Dude and I were able to perfect on the fly. Tank threw us together and we just reigned down on the competition...like a Disease."

Exodus looks uneasy when speaking of Disease, a stable he helped to forge.

"I was a part of three stables. I loved being a part of them all, but I'll be damned if I wasn't more comfortable running things by myself out there. When you start making alliances, you're drawing in people so close that they know everything about you. And when the time comes for their inevitable betrayal of you, they've got all the goods."

This is where Exodus perks up and begins to speak on what he came to discuss.

"Stables hurt nAw. I see in hindsight why Tank banned them. I reinstated them, but I didn't see the danger until later on. So when I disbanded them again, I thought enough was enough and we were back on course. Even after I was out as CEO, I thought things were on the upswing. But yeah...while I was out injured with my bad back, things all went to hell."

He refers to the dark era in which nAw currently lies, where action is so rare as a passing comet across the nights sky. It is during this dark time that personal turmoil in his life and nagging injuries resulted in his retirement from wrestling. Bad back claiming his career, his presonal life left him no time to rehab himself physically and make his return. But over time, his back healed. He found new life, new health, and became happy outside the industry. But looking back at what he sees now, it's obvious that he has a lot left to say.

"You know, I just love watching the nMo take credit for nAw not being around any longer. It's kind of like an apple falling off of a tree, rotting, and some goof standing there taking credit for it rotting."

So the nMo is not responsible for the demise of nAw?

"It's called entropy, explains Exodus as he settles into his seat. "All things die. All things decompose. You can't stop it. It's a damn law of thermodynamics for Godsakes. It's proven scientific fact. Why does it not apply to wrestling territories or wrestling companies? Did nAw jump the shark? Quite possibly. Did the stars just evolve into something more than entertainers? Probably. But the nMo is not responsible for the current state of nAw, no matter how many little black and white banners they hang on the wall or how often they poke their heads in to say "oh, look what I did." What happens to nAw happens only because the talent is too involved with their own personal matters. When you've got health to worry about, or family to welcomly consume your time, what does it matter to battle a bunch of clowns who play by rules that don't exist within the context of the very industry? It's pretty pointless. But as I said, the apple falls off the ****ing tree no matter what. It rots. It dies. Nobody can take credit for the process of entropy because it's unstoppable."

Exodus settles down from his soap box on the principle of nAw dying a natural death rather than an induced death, then points to why neither of the two fates is relevant.

"So if you do allow these people to take responsibility for a natural and scientific inevitability, what then? Does it change history? Does it take achievements away? Does it erase an amazing match between Rama and Tank from the record books? Of course not. Legacies have been forged. Histories have been written. Characters and personalities will live on forever. Stories will be passed down from one generation to the next. nAw will live forever, and may return someday. Perhaps not under the same name or with the same talent, but for certain it'll take place in the midst of the same process and concept of innovation and creativity that sparks from the imagination of somebody who dares to dream something unconventional about the business they love. There's an nAw waiting around every corner waiting to be started up. There are several nAw's out there right now, with several different superstars living their dream. The nMo can't take credit for stamping them all out. The nMo can't march into every wrestling company and erase the impression that SuperDragon has put on some young wrestler who wants to learn from his legacy and try to create his own legacy based on what he saw on TV when a young rookie dared to Dragon DDT the biggest man in all of nAw, or when Stallion fought the power and got his job back. Even the negatives, like stripping me of my nAw Undisputed Title on my own birthday, go down in history as landmarks to exemplify what mistakes to prevent in another place in another time, a sort of "don't let this happen to you" illustration."

Maybe not everyone out there agrees that nAw will live forever. Maybe not everyone will laugh at the nMo for taking credit for an unstoppable natural process that claims all things over time. And maybe not everyone will believe the concept that the cycle lives on elsewhere and proves his point. It's very likely that not everyone understands his optimistic view on nAw, its history, its legacy, its personalities, and its lineage. But it's clear that he believe it's possible. It's fully clear that in the midst of his retirement he sees something in nAw's exisence, as well as its demise, that can teach us all something about this industry and what it all stands for.

You'd have to see things from his point of view to fully understand.

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts
Braaaaaains.... braaaaaaains....

NAW= ZOMBIE

You know what, it was our intention to kill nAw at ArenaMania. HOWEVER, there was one small blemish on that holy night of bliss. And that was nAw dying without me as it's Champion.

I therefore issue this challenge to the nAw Champion... A rematch. For the title. If I win then the title goes back around my waist and we put this old dog out of it's misery once and for all. And if I lose... then by God... the nMo won't stand in your pitiful way as you try and rebuild this dump.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
You realise that now that the champ runs naw, you don't stand a chance? He can simply create rules to make himself win.

The Stool Sample

The Stool Sample

Sexual Chocolate

• Supporters
  • 5,805 posts
see that background and banner, jackass? Yea. The champ aint really running anything. We're just kicking back to watch and be amused.

Oh and Exodus retired? Ha! Looks like the nMo did it again!

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
So you guys came out of the closet and are decorators.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,582 posts

You realise that now that the champ runs naw, you don't stand a chance? He can simply create rules to make himself win.

Oh so instead of nMo you'll have sTdo.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
I was just picking on Andrew, in truth Naw is techancly alive.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,582 posts

I was just picking on Andrew, in truth Naw is techancly alive.

But literally on life support.

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts
And pulling that title from around SD's waist will be like pulling the plug on this place.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
OOC: btw, off week this week. I dunno if Matt posted anything. I'm not actually sure when he'll be back, so I'll give him a call and update later.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,582 posts
OOC: Really? No, Really?

1 week in and already an off week? Dang you guys need to just do it TNA style, do 2 cards in a week then take a month off haha.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Nah, he said something in the Jobber of the Week thread about him having no internet this week or something like that. I forget.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
well.. i'm stepping in as GM til he gets back.

CARD up on SATURDAY

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,888 posts
OOC: I purposly retired myself because I just don't have the interest to RP. However if any of you guys want to use that in one of your stories go ahead. Like the whole HBK Story or something.