Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HEROES / The Kindness of Strangers

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,647 posts

Monica starts to exhibit new abilities while working with Micah, Nana, and Dawson. Nana is the grandmother of Micah, Monica, and Dawson. They all currently reside in New Orleans. Matt asks Molly to locate the man in her dreams. He may be the newest threat to the Heroes. Maya and Alejandro continue their trek to the U.S. Both Claire and her father are suspicious of one another. Angela reveals a lot of her secrets.
Airs: Monday October 15, 2007

Kung Fu Jawa

Kung Fu Jawa

Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins

• Members
  • 15,241 posts
I'm looking forward to the Angela part and horray for new abilities!

Thomas Alan

Thomas Alan

Master Debator

• Banned Users
  • 25,965 posts

Monica starts to exhibit new abilities while working with Micah, Nana, and Dawson. Nana is the grandmother of Micah, Monica, and Dawson. They all currently reside in New Orleans. Matt asks Molly to locate the man in her dreams. He may be the newest threat to the Heroes. Maya and Alejandro continue their trek to the U.S. Both Claire and her father are suspicious of one another. Angela reveals a lot of her secrets.

My God, did a 10-year-old write that preview.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Even the official ones aren't that good anyway, haha. Thanks for getting the thread started Ifto, we'll go ahead and bump this now as I'm pretty sure last week's has uh, run its course. :)

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Grand Master Whango Mittphool

• Members
  • 33,175 posts

My God, did a 10-year-old write that preview.

Finally someone else has joined me in my hatred for the Heroes blurbs.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,411 posts
I don't remember if I covered this last thread or not, but ANYONE ... *cough* *cough* TANK *cough* who doesn't think the Irish lass is hawt wears pink panties. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. :pimp:

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• Supporters
  • 34,792 posts
I have a bad feeling I'm going to dislike much of this episode if it focuses on the little piece of crap, Micah. However, the previews excited me with the Hero Killer storyline. Hopefully, that'll take precedence over Micah and the (not)Mexicans.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,426 posts
I knew that girl was going to have a power.

Chatham

Chatham

like old job

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Oh man I hope she gives the 619 to someone's FACE.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,426 posts
OOOOOOOK....what's with the cockroach?

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• Supporters
  • 34,792 posts

Oh man I hope she gives the 619 to someone's FACE.

I agree. That would make this the best episode ever.

Chatham

Chatham

like old job

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Excellent episode. Best one of the season so far, even though it was sprinkled with terrible acting.

A few trends continue for me: I hate Molly. Hate Mohinder. And West is alright :thumbsup:

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,426 posts
I'm starting to really like West. Part of that may be just to piss some of you off...but I like him all the same.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,393 posts
West still needs to die, a little more each week.

Pretty strong episode, I thought. I liked Micahs granny.

This episode was Nathan heavy and I liked it a whole lot. The more Nathan the better!

Though, Angela is freaking me right out. lol Like, all the time now. Though I liked the injoke about her giving Kaito a hug for just a bit too long.

I dont really like the Parkman, Suresh my two dads thing. Speaking of dads. HIS dad is the nightmare guy? Interesting.... I guess mind powers run in that family...

Something tells me that Suresh and Parkman should NOT go to Bob for answers here.

Sylar again steals every scene he's in. Thank god too, because the wonder twins were getting a bit iffy. I like the new dynamic where she seems to really like Sylar, and he knows something is up. And kudos to his crafiness once again for killing the guy with a brick, and then convincing them that it was THEIR idea to ditch him. hahahaha.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,426 posts
Ok, was it me or did Sylar look ultra-hot in this week's episode?

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,393 posts

Ok, was it me or did Sylar look ultra-hot in this week's episode?

No, he was the sexiez 4 realz, and I mean that in an entirely unhomosexual way.

(is that possible, you're thinking to yourself...)

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,426 posts
I'd let him tinker with my powers.

If you know what I mean. :flirt:

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
This was a really good episode and the irony is that it was completely Peter free and yet STILL good! Preview looks like maybe next week will be very Peter heavy, which if so will make 2 in a row!!

Well, my theory that Maya would perhaps use her power for 'good' in helping to defeat this year's baddie may be for naught, as it may be playing out where Sylar will wipe out the twins, and then he'll have a pretty nasty power (assuming he eventually regains the ability to use the 'stolen' powers).

Monica has a really cool power! The ability to just absorb knowledge (kinda like Matrix learning) gives her kinda of a Peter/Sylar thing except different. I wonder if she could watch "super hero" shows and duplicate them??

I guess this week confirmed some of what I thought about HRG's painting: that Claire is being comforted by a 'guy', which is why he is so adamant about her not seeing one.

And was it me, or was Peter's dad's face the only one that was 'blurry' in that photo??

Any way somone can find/post the pic?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporters
  • 40,411 posts
I'm really hoping that HRG isn't this big of a tool and he sees through Claire's BS. It's really weird because I liked Claire a whole lot last season but she's getting very tedious this season. I guess because West is such a douche that I have no respect for her liking him.

Sign #32557 that West is a creepy assed stalker: Bargining when asked to back down and respect Claire's feelings. "Uh! Just give me one more date! Just one more! If you still want to dump me, I'll totally respect that!" Yeah ****ing right. If you listed all of West's behavior so far to any mental professional in the country and all of their creepy stalker alert signals would be firing off the charts.

Mark my words. When Claire finally does kick him to the curb for reals, he's going into full bunny boiling mode.

Didn't see Nightmare Man being Parkman's father. Huh, the scary Big Bad for the season is a two bit criminal deadbeat Dad? I like his looks though, he has something creepy about his face.

Adding Sylar to the mix finally untedioused the refugee storyline. First time all season my finger wasn't hovering over the fast forward. :lol:

I really like Burger Girl. She's hot, she has a very charming personality, and an extremely cool power. And she trashed that robber punk. :D

I'm starting to really like West. Part of that may be just to piss some of you off...but I like him all the same.

Why would someone get pissed off at who you like or dislike? It's a free internet.

Something tells me that Suresh and Parkman should NOT go to Bob for answers here.

Yeah, no doubt. It looks like they're going after Nightmare Dad. Should be fun.

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
Okay, let's run this down:

On Matt: When he said that the baby belonged to the dude his ex-wfe cheated on him with, I went "OH!" out loud. Total shock and surprise on that one. I feel sorry for him.

On Mohinder: Dude, stop being a douche

On Molly: She's a brave little trooper. Now it looks like she's stuck in her own mind. The chase is on to meet Matt's dad in person now. By the way, did anyone think the red-haired woman standing next to Parkman Sr. (Apparently named Maury?? See below) looked like the lead from War of the Roses?

On Nathan: He's back in it, it seems. Did his wife get a restraining order against him or something?

On Angela: WHAT IS YOUR POWER ALREADY?! And what was with that face she made on the way out?

On Maya/Alejandro/Sylar: NOW it's getting interesting. And Sylar seems to be acting like more of a good guy. I think the comparison to the Angel Gabriel was foreshadowing. Oh yeah, NOW suddenly she can speak english? How convenient!

On the Original Group of Heroes: How cute it was to have Mr. Petrelli being the only one not facing the camera. Let's see, aside from him, there's Angela, Linderman, Kaito, Bob, Charles Deveaux and Parkman Sr. that we know about. That's just over half of them. They said we'd get to find out who they were, and we got the short stick. I wonder, who are they, and what connection do they have to Kensei's symbol???

--- Interesting tidbit I just found: The Heroes Mobile Game lists six of the founders of the Company to be: Linderman, Arthur and Angela Petrelli, Maury Parkman, Kaito Nakamura, and Adam Monroe.
------ Who's Adam Monroe?

On West/Claire/Bennet: I never really had a problem with West aside from the stalker moments, but now I'm starting to envy him; He can fly AND he gets Claire as a girlfriend, and she looked good in this episode. Watching those two is fun now. Bennet being all paranoid is a little fun to watch too. I wanna see what happens when he and West meed face to face. Again.

On Monica/Micah: Monica's cute, and she's got an interesting power. Micah's not so bad this season, good to see he's not being such a bitch-ass like he was last season. And does anyone else think Micah's cousin looked mad ugly?

Next week looks awesome.

Edited by Jango Fett, 15 October 2007 - 08:34 PM.

Thomas Alan

Thomas Alan

Master Debator

• Banned Users
  • 25,965 posts
Thoughts:

-There's that roach again. For the first time not assoxiated with Sylar's near death.

-Of course I already knew about Sylar meeting Maya and Alejandro thanks to a Charlie fanatic who shall remain nameless.

-Maya knows English too well. I smell a backstory.

-RIP The Beard

-In good news Nathan anchored the show well this week.

-Poor Molly. What's wrong with Matt? You follow up the simple lead (Bob) before you put your kid in danger.

Why DID Matt open up to Nathan like that. I mean besides for exposition purposes.

-Did they show all 12 people in the photo?

-Bye Mama Petrelli. I guess thay 24 hours death notice wasn't so hard and fast.

-Micah's cousins got hit by a cliche stick worse than anyone else this season. And that's saying something. Is her dream REALLY to rise to the lofty position of Denny's manager?

-Her power is pretty cool though. Maybe she can watch Bob Villa and get some work as a carpenter. God knows there's a market for it.

-Insert weekly West hate here.

-Afterthought: Didn't West ever see HRG during his constant stalking?

-No Hiro or Peter. That's a bit ballsy.

-Another week without Nikki too. She's had like 3 minutes of airtime so far this season.

-I wonder if Noah really did buy that BS.

Overall, it was an improvement over the first few episodes.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 28,426 posts
Oh, I almost forgot...Nathan's burned face looks like a mixture of the two of them.

Thomas Alan

Thomas Alan

Master Debator

• Banned Users
  • 25,965 posts

Who's Adam Monroe?

If they want to play it obvious, Adam might be the First.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• Members
  • 32,393 posts

Thoughts:

-Of course I already knew about Sylar meeting Maya and Alejandro thanks to a Charlie fanatic who shall remain nameless.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

As for HRG buying Claires BS.. I'm not so sure. The whole episode I was thinking ' he knows she's lying to him. It's very obvious" but with that cheerleading thing at the end, I'm not so sure. he may have actually believed that one for a moment.

but he has the painting for gods sake, and he knows they dont lie. So in the back of his mind he must suspect it.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

On West/Claire/Bennet: I never really had a problem with West aside from the stalker moments, but now I'm starting to envy him; He can fly AND he gets Claire as a girlfriend, and she looked good in this episode. Watching those two is fun now. Bennet being all paranoid is a little fun to watch too. I wanna see what happens when he and West meed face to face. Again.

I'm guessing West kills HRG, which is what he's afraid of.