Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

"JYD...for threeeeeeee!"--Nightmares radio announcer

Oh, it's so nice having a Sun on my roster again! Especially after I had been all set to take Gortat in the draft and then let some favorable reports convince me at the last minute to take Andrew Bogut, instead (and Garrison, remember how I told you I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as soon as I did that?!?). :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

Mo-ther ****er!!! Brook Lopez manages just three full games before getting hurt again. And goddamn ESPN is confirming that he'll be out for three weeks - yet still has him listed "DTD", so I can't even find a body to replace him! This season is seriously trying my patience...

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this season has been way too damn quiet. We're in the final push for the playoffs and it seems no one has anything to say about their team or anyone else's, for that matter. Is the Highlight Reel on "mute"? Does Team Carr have a flat? Did the Terriers get debarked?

C'mon, people, look alive!!! :whip:

That's just the state of the message board, sadly.

The Team Carr/Highlight Reel match-up last week was a dud. My team sucked a little less than his did. He battled injuries all week and my team just underperformed. I was happy to get the (convincing) win, but my team hasn't been playing that well lately.

Yeah, last week I lost 6-3 to Team Carr. I had injuries and guys being traded and not immediately reporting to the respective teams. I am still a division leader and am hopefully looking forward to that important 1st round bye. Good Luck to all teams making a playoff push. I welcome the challenge of competing against any and all opponents as I try to defend my hard earned Championship!.

Interesting fact that the top three teams in this strike-shortened, slightly messed up season (Highlight Reel, Team Carr, Nightmares) had the same winning percentages as they did in last year's full season. All three were within 0.7% of last year's record (with Garrison hitting it exactly).

While I find this discovery a bit fulfilling, given the fact that I've had absolutely atrocious luck in terms of the health of my top players, I find absolutely no comfort in it, considering that I was healthier last year and still lost in the second round. Looks like I better start coming up with one hell of a halftime locker room speech. :unimpressed:

That is an interesting factoid. Congrats on finding the similarities as I have been way too busy with work and such to research any of those self-satisfying statoistics.

No joke on the injury front. Has anyone seen the reigning MVP Derrick Rose anywhere near a basketball gym? I have missed him for the last 7 games and many more before then. As I look at how my players are doing (not very well tonight so far), I am thankful my team has the bye week to recover and look at film to produce at a level they are accustomed.

Congrats to all teams in the playoffs. Best of luck in the upcoming weeks, except for when you play against (in my best Michael Buffer's voice) the DEFENDING CHAMP.........THE HIGHLIGHT REEL ^-. .-^

Oh and one final trade:

Trade Announcement

Rock's Ballers send Kobe Bryant, Zach Randolph, Danny Granger and their 1st round picks of the 2013, 2014 and 2015 seasons to Team Carr for Carlos Boozer and a 3rd round pick in the 2013 season draft.

My first born will be your biological half brother/sister, so hold your tongue!

(See what I did there? The implication that I have rendered is that I had intercourse with your mother and that she subsequently gave birth to our illegitimate love child.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.