Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

there's something stuck in my eye

32 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

trained in gorilla warfare

• Supporters
  • 31,871 posts
And I can't get it out.

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Home remedy:

Assuming the cloth is cotton-like, blow hot breath a few times on a spot and place on eye.
Repeat a few times. Has worked every time in my experience ...

maddox

maddox

The Best Alias in the Universe

• Banned Users
  • 2,927 posts
Foreign Objects In The Eye

Something in the eye is not just painful - it could endanger eyesight. Foreign objects that rest on the eyelid or inside the lid can be washed out, but foreign matter that is embedded in the eye or will not wash out must be treated by a physician.

If irritation or other symptoms continue after a loose foreign object has been removed from the eye, the object may have scratched the cornea (the clear covering of the colored part of the eye.). An ophthalmologist or emergency room doctor can quickly check the cornea for injury. A scratched cornea usually heals in 24 to 48 hours when covered with an eye patch.

How To Spot It

Foreign matter in the eye can cause a stinging or burning pain, especially when blinking. The tears flow and eyes turn red or bloodshot. The patient may become sensitive to light and get a headache.

How To Treat It

Follow these steps:

1. Do not rub the eye; rubbing might scratch the eyeball.
2. Make tears flow by blinking. This could wash out the object.

Posted Image

3. If something is stuck inside the top eyelid, pull out the top eyelash and pull the lid down over the lower lid.

Posted Image

4. If this doesn't work, gently flush the eye with clean lukewarm water poured from a glass.
5. You might be able to see and remove the object from the white part of the eye , using a twisted corner of a clean cloth or handkerchief.
6. Do not try to take out something that is stuck in the cornea.
7. If you cannot remove the object, cover both eyes with a dry, sterile gauze pad and take the patient to a doctor.
8. Do not try to remove someone's contact lenses.

How To Prevent It

The National Society to Prevent Blindness says that 90% of all eye damage is preventable. More eye injuries happen at home than any where else. To protect your eyes, always wear safety goggles when using power tools, lawn and garden equipment, and other machinery that sling dirt and debris. Be careful not to let fumes from solvents and cleaning agents burn your eyes.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,871 posts
Ericka just took a look at it for me, she says it looks like I have a bump on my eyelid. I was trying to do what maddox said, pulling out the eyelid and flushing it with water, but it wasn't helping. I don't feel it very much with my eyes open, but closing and blinking I do.

ShadowGhost

ShadowGhost

RAWR!

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
Hrmm, that's rough man. I DETEST when I get somethign in my eye.

Good luck, and if it's a bump, hope it's gone soon.

maddox

maddox

• Banned Users
  • 2,927 posts
if it's painful, i'd suggest getting it seen asap man

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,871 posts
It doesn't hurt at all. I can just feel it when I close or blink my eyes.

Plus I don't have health insurance and am broke as ****, so there's no way I can see the doctor unless it's a supra-emergency.

Darkside

Darkside

drove through ghosts to get here...

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
This has happened to me a couple of times. Usually when I get sand blown into my face from a windy day. Basically what happened to me is that the sand or whatever went into my eye scratched my cornea. It usually passes after a while, and it shouldn't hurt (otherwise, see a doctor for sure). For me it'd usually pass after I took a nap or something like that, it just had to heal itself I guess.

Oh, and from my experience if whatever you think is in there doesn't come out when you flush your eye with water, then it usually means that this did happen. Flushing my eye with water would usually hurt me more, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Edited by Darkside, 16 July 2006 - 03:14 PM.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,871 posts
hey I already don't feel it any more

which is good considering we were about to go see pirates again

Link

Link

The Terrible Secret of Space

• Supporters
  • 6,386 posts
Aid please, I have a car in my eye.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Members
  • 20,237 posts
Sperm in the eye really burns. It's like rubbing alcohol or something. I don't know why but it just hurts pretty bad.

Not saying you have **** in your eye. I just wanted to contribute something.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 27,614 posts
Could it be a stye?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

• Supporters
  • 31,871 posts
Whatever it was, it's gone. I think it might have had something to do with the sun. Me and the sun have never gotten along. It makes me sneeze and burns me. And I have to work in it all day. It made my eye swell shut before, so it must have just been launching another attack on me.

DAMN YOU SUN!

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• Supporter/Mods
  • 16,571 posts
well, the good news is, it's gone now!

*toasts krawlie*

here's sperm in your eye!

oops, sorry. my bad...

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Grand Master Whango Mittphool

• Members
  • 33,103 posts

Could it be a stye?

Oh God I HATE those thing! They are so annoying (not to mention ugly).

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
There are now Google Ads atop the page for puffy eyes, tear stains, and irritated eyes ...

The Incoharent Jedi

The Incoharent Jedi

INTERNET FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members
  • 7,211 posts
my brother had a contact slip behind his eye last year. i dont know how he got it out. yikes

IMericka

IMericka

Coney Island Queen

• Members
  • 15,730 posts
aaaaaaaaand i'll add that to the reasons why contacts freak me out.

THERE IS SOMETHING NOT RIGHT ABOUT TOUCHING YOUR EYEBALL OK

maddox

maddox

• Banned Users
  • 2,927 posts
Posted Image

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
You know way too much about eyes, man.

All I know is that I have two of them. Some stupid people dont. Those people suck compared to me.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Members
  • 20,237 posts

There are now Google Ads atop the page for puffy eyes, tear stains, and irritated eyes ...

CRAP! I'm not getting those! I got "Star Wars bedding"
and phpBB forum tutorials!

CRAP!

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• Moderators
  • 19,455 posts
Dukal Corp! Your choice for quality wound care products.

Why not just say 'plasters'

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• Members
  • 7,968 posts
You mean bandages.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• Supporters
  • 7,741 posts

there's something stuck in my eye

if only this was lando...

Guest_Olman_*

Guest_Olman_*
  • Guests
I a dirt in the back of my left eye. I feel it's wedged in the upper right corner of my eye and the sting randomly burns when I blink. I don't remember when or how it got there. It has discomfort me for the past four days. Is there any medical recording relate to this issue. I just wanted to know before I waste my goin to the Doc. Any suggestion or tips, help

Reply to this topic