Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My desktop has been hijacked!

3 replies to this topic

Red 5

Red 5

Old Timer

• Members
  • 11,065 posts
This is getting rediculous. I have adaware, spybot, microsoft anti-spyware and AOL computer check up; I have removed the program from windows and deleted C:WINDOWSwarnhp.html from my hard drive. But this damn thing is still stuck on my desktop and I can't change it. Any advice on this?

Darth_Bob_Sacamoto

Darth_Bob_Sacamoto

• Members
  • 244 posts
On your desktop and right click and select properties, click the desktop tab then click customize desktop near the bottom, select web tab. In the box "Web pages:" see if the warnhp address is there. If it is select it and delete it. That should fix your problem.

Red 5

Red 5

Old Timer

• Members
  • 11,065 posts
I don't get the typical drop down menu when I right click. But I did access it through Control Panel and found a box I could uncheck view as webpage or something like that and it came back. THANKS.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Try to rename it and then delete it. If that doesn't work try deleting it in safe mode.

Change the .html to .bmp, or whatever.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Also, if I could make a suggestion.

Don't run AOL. That's spyware in itself.

Also use the free version of AVG for your anti virus and use Zone Alarm as your firewall. They're both free, and both better than most protection, including Symantic.

Also, install CW Shredder and Spyware Blaster, also free and quick to download/install.

Reply to this topic