Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone else into collecting soccer balls?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2109 replies to this topic

XIII

XIII

Best French person ever

• Members
  • 3,590 posts
I believe we will qualify but don't bet any money on us for WC 2006, we will be crap just like in 2002 and at the latest Euro.

Mario

Mario

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
Hi Guys,

Christmas is coming. Are you guys planning to get any new balls? :)

Concacaf second round qualifying is over and El Salvador and Panama are out and Jamaica advances. Now only the last round remains.

Bruce62

Bruce62

• Members
  • 32 posts
Does anyone have a review of the new Nike HI-VIS Total 90 ball? It is currnetly used in the English Premier League, Spanish Liga Primera and US Mens National Team games.

More info go to Soccer Ball World Developments Page

argentina

argentina

• Members
  • 10 posts
Hi Guys, Does anyone know where I can get an official 1986 Adidas Azteca world cup ball?

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Here is my email: afafutball@hotmail.com

thanks

Mario

Mario

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
Hi Guys,

I haven't ben around. Busy during the Holydays!!

Bruce62, I havent bee able to find any official reviews of the Nike HI-VIS total 90 ball. There was a site that I found a while back that had reviews of several balls, I am going to look for it again.

Argentina, the Azteca 86 is a hard ball to find. To find an original your best bet is to locate a collector. I have one that I bought in 1987, but I haven't seen too many lately. I'll keep my eye open and I'll let you know if I spot one. Take care.

Bruce62

Bruce62

• Members
  • 32 posts
The 1986 Adidas Azteca has been auctioned for over $1000 USD on Ebay recently. It seems to be a ball that collectors want.

Mario

Mario

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
$1000? That's pretty good. I wonder how much the original Telstar will go for. My Azteca is in prime condition but it's not the Azteca Mexico but rather the Azteca Tampico. I wonder what its value is.

Bruce62

Bruce62

• Members
  • 32 posts
Ebay has an original 1974 Durlast Telstar for sale now! Go to:Telstar 1974

The buy it now price is $899.00 USD.

Is that a good price? What do you guys think?

Mario

Mario

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
Thanks for the info Bruce62. I'll go check it out right now. Since it's such a rare ball I guess the price is going to be very high.

Reg

Reg

• Members
  • 126 posts
Hi Mario,

Long time didn't post here, for the time that I'm missing, I had add couple of old reproduction balls on my collection, one is the Adidas Santiago, and a Adidas 1904 Pelias and also some mini balls too. What is the cheaper price you guys can get the Adidas Pelias 2004 in US, Canada never carry them at all. And Mario have you see the guy that sold you mini balls, I just wondering if he ever can find the 1999 Women World Cup mini balls. Let me know, I'm still working on your Telstar, hope I can find one for you.

Reg

Reg

• Members
  • 126 posts
Hi Guys, I get a hold on couple 1998 Adidas World Cup balls, any interested in them?? Let me know.

massimo

massimo

• Members
  • 3 posts
hallo i search the adidas mini soccer balls!!

please mail me congera77@hotmail.com .
if you want we can change to i have 2 time the mini ball 1974 adidas telstar

muley555

muley555

• Members
  • 28 posts
This is a great discussion forum and although my collection is very limited (Original Tricolore and Fevernova) I am keen to expand it - I used to have the Questra and kicked it around every day; it was a fantastic ball but unfortunately misplaced it one day (oh well, it was pretty beaten up anyway). I am keen to get hold of a new one and can most likely on ebay some day.

Anyways, my request for the board is that I am trying to buy a Gamarada (Sydney Olympics ball) as I was at the games and even saw Cameroon play Brazil. However I can't find the ball anywhere and no-one on ebay seems to be selling it so if someone has one they would like to sell please let me know.

Muley

Mario

Mario

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
Hi Reg, welcome Massimo and Muley555

How are you guys doing?

Reg the guy who had the mini-balls is a soccer distributor here in Fountain Valley California. Is the same guy who I purchased the Gamaradas from, so this information could also be helpful for you Muley.
Here is the link to the web site. You wont find too much info on line but maybe you can contact them. Good luck guys and I'll see you soon,

http://www.sportspagesoccer.net/

massimo

massimo

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hallo Mario thanks, Reg had contact me. he had all balls Wow!!!

Iam a great football fan. i begin for 4 years to collect world cup tickets. but now i stop it, because i need only the tickets 1934, 1938 & 1950 and its impossible to find this 3 tickets!

I my house i had made a little world cup corner
replica ball of the first world cup ball played on 1938-1954 (its only one ball) and the world cup trophy!

now i start to collect the mini balls :-)!!

sorry for my the terrible english. im a italian and i live in germany.

muley555

muley555

• Members
  • 28 posts
Mario - many thanks for the reply. I called Sportspage but unfortunately they no longer have the Gamarada. So if anyone has any other ideas or has one they would like to sell please let me know.

I am interested in doing some research into how much the world cup, euro and olympic balls have sold for which might help people when they are buying or bidding as I am very unsure what is a good price. If you would like to contribute please either post or email me the details of the ball, price and year bought which I will put together into a list for the discussion board.

Muley

Mario

Mario

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
Hi guys,

Muley, here is another store that has the Gamarada (This one is in Barcelona), but I don't know if the deliver:

http://www.dydservic...asp/balones.htm

About the price of the balls, is hard to tell. Usually when they come out in e-bay you can tell how much they go by. The Telstar (Original) was going for over $1000. I think that the Azteca and the original Tango also go very high.

Massimo,

your collection sounds really interesting. you have the tickets for all those World Cups? Great. How did you get them. I only have USA 94 to the games I went to!

massimo

massimo

• Members
  • 3 posts
yes all tickets one part on ebay and the other part here but page is in german: http://www.agon-aukt...index_live.html
its fantastic what you can buy there last year they had the ball of the finalgame world cup 1930 that win uruguay for 50.000 euro (ok to much).

mario i can send your fotos mail your mailadress.

i think in usa 94 it was easy to get tickets for people in USA! because baseball, football & basketball are more popular in there and the interest was not so high.
here in germany is only soccer the number one!!
and next year world cup 2006 here get germany only 6-8 per cent of all tickets. i dont think i can go to a game to the world cup 2006 :-(

Mario

Mario

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
Hi Massimo,

I will be fantastic to own the Uruguay 1930 Final match ball!! As I understand there were 2 balls used in that game. Argentina used their ball in the first half and Uruguay, the host country, used theirs in the second. do you know which one was the one that was auctioned? Take care and I'll let you know my e-mail.

muley555

muley555

• Members
  • 28 posts
I see that there are auctions on ebay right now for the Tango Espana and Tango River Plate but I am not sure that these are the original balls.

I am basing this on comparing them to the photos on soccerballworld.com but would be interested to hear from anyone who has one of these balls whether you think they are the originals or maybe just good replicas. I know adidas released those reproductions for distributors a few years back but have they ever made other replicas?

Reg

Reg

• Members
  • 126 posts
Hi muley555,

I believe they are re-production, even the Questra is the same. They are not originals, usually the easier way to tell is usualy on the panel that have the Adidas logo will have "Made in Germany" or "Made in France" and "Made in Spain". But still not sure this is the only way to tell if they are originals. By the way, where are you from???

muley555

muley555

• Members
  • 28 posts
Hey Reg - I live in the US but am originally from Australia (which is one reason I am keen to buy the Gamarada). I'm crossing my fingers that we finally qualify for the World Cup next year, the only previous time was Germany '74 so hopefully that is a good omen, although we once again have to get past the fifth place South American team which is sure to be tough.

muley555

muley555

• Members
  • 28 posts
Also, thanks for the feedback Reg - I had thought they were replicas and you're right that the Questra doesn't look original either. Although it's weird that the guy has the box for the Questra as I used to have the original and remember that it came in that box - oh well, I don't think they're worth bidding on.

Reg

Reg

• Members
  • 126 posts
Well, depends on do you really want that ball. The ball is not original but is use the original material to make. And I usually call these ball are re-production not replica since they are using material very good compare to replica. I think over 120US that won't be worth it for me.Unless you have the whole set, then that will be different story. Once again, where are you from???

muley555

muley555

• Members
  • 28 posts
Reg - maybe you missed my initial reply but I am from Australia but living in the US (Minnesota) - thanks again.